Choosing correct servo Losi 8ight X Elite with Sanwa M12S -RS-

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasidy86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new into this rc Nitro car world.... But it took me by Storm!!!
I started out 3 weeks ago with purchasing a HSP 1/10 Nitro Warhead..... As the speaking say’s “You get what you pay for” it took me a day and a half to find that out..... !!! Now I have ordered a Losi 8ight X elite Nitro Buggy and a Sanwa M12S-RS Radio system. The dealer ( European since I’m located in Denmark ) suggested a Spektrum 5 rigged or something like that.... but I was reading, reading and reading and found out ( I hope ) that the Sanwa was a better option / choice. My question is now.;
“What would you guy’s suggest as servo, since that is not in the kit ( car ) ???
I’m really totally on “Baseline Zero” in this nitro world, and everything gone wrong with that cheap Chinese HSP car, but I'm a many years international-high level- Motocross rider, and working 12 years in the Audi, Volkswagen group as Technicians ( lately high voltage / hybrid Expert ) so my technical / mechanical understanding is acceptable, to get a few hours of fun inside this nitro world...!!! Please let me know guy’s if you have any good suggestions, or I general good advices for a totally “Green Blank Newcomer” to the sport..... !!!
( look forward to receive the Losi!!! I think easily those cheep Chinese car’s can be a important factor in many people leaving your sport, since they will face many mechanical problems, not so easy to solve for boys / people how doesn’t necessarily have the time or “know-how” to gain the necessary info to get it all rolling..... pitty shame..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

look’s forward for some good advices ???

THANKS

Best Regards
Kasper
Denmark

break the new nitro motor in correctly or send it out and have it broken in correctly. I know there are a few different ways to break a new nitro motor in (sorry not a nitro person). Now to the radio.it has these Response Mode (NOR/SHR/SSR) so now you can use a ssr servo sure they will cost more but will have a way faster response time than most..for steering Id go way out if it was going to be my setup. point 03 seconds if you can get along with a highest Torque oz i could find.now for the throttle the nitro is not going to respond to a super fast servo it will need to spool up in rpm so a much less fast servo is ok

Tntpoof!!!
“First many many THANKS for replying and showing interest for my questions!!!

“Well I don’t even know about these 3 different modes ( NOR/SHR/SSR ) Yet..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ But I will “start to read” I love to finally have found a new hobby where I just wanna find out EVERYTHING POSSIBLE “HOW-TO” optimize performance!!!
“Can you maybe please suggest or link to some servo options what you would suggest as first class....???
( I’m willing to spend what it takes, since the Chinese (HSP) experience have set its marks, and I see no reason to buy a pretty decent car and radio system, and then destroy the setup with a low / wrong performing Servo, working with i. and if any suggestions then please -if possible- some available inside Europe ???

of those 2 servo’s what would you recommend???

Attachments

• 0393A3E6-9F8D-4538-9002-329E0512AC5C.jpeg
    0393A3E6-9F8D-4538-9002-329E0512AC5C.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 93