check out this info on the njbt header

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe now is a good time to do a big tube header review!!! :D

-WoodiE

If it looks as bad as it sounds in that first post I dont think I would get one if I needed a new header.

I would never lay claim to fame, BUT, I think I was the first person to bring the DuraTrax header to the Traxxas forum. Ah Em....

Its amazing how much it has become the mainstream BigTubeHeader simply because it matched up so well with one of the best selling aftermarket pipes (the Associated pipe) The CEN header appears to be good too (although I have not personally run one)

I run the DurraTrax header with the AE pipe and love the performance. It ran well on both my stock TRX .15 Pro as well as two of my OS CVR and CVRX engines! It is already port matched and comes with a killer gasket!

I have also run the Traxxas blueheader with the blue aluminum pipe. GREAT for the high end but could not deliver the low end I was looking for. Which bring up the one downside to the AE & Dura combo, not as much high end.

As with ANY header / pipe change, you will definately need to retune your mill. I suggest going back to breakin settings and leaning from there. Makes it so much easier to find your 'new' sweet spot :)

Hope this helps!

Well, I did not use the NJBTH (gen 2) but I did have the original BTH on my Maxx and it was well worth the money. If I still had my Maxx I would probably try the new one just b/c I was that impressed with the original's performance. The new one may or may not be as aesthetic looking as the first, but if it is better or equal as the first I would buy it.

I love AE duratrax header combo. I LIKE low end......

I am completely happy with my portmatched stock header and TRAXXAS tuned pipe. They do quite well by me.

If I were to upgrade again, I might consider a big tube header. The only thing that would tick me off would be any kind of loss in the performance area. For now, I'm sticking with what I got.

The AE tuned pipe / NJBTH combo works very nice. I noticed an immediate difference when I switched over.

I have finally stepped up to the plate. I am now running a ported TRX with the Duratrax header and AE #7730 pipe. It's only been a week. So I'm still trying to dial it in. I am close. But I like it. Punchier than the stock combo.
Gotta admit, the guys on the other forum are really running the guy from NJ over the coals. Brutal. Oh well. The price you pay for trying to run your own business. It shall pass....

The reason that I never bought the first one was the interference with the suspension.

Amazingly, when I asked on 'that' site for recommendations on a BTH, the only 2 that came up were the NJBTH and the CEN header. This was back then.

Today, 'they' even go as far as to just recommend the CEN and the DurraTrax. Hmmmmm.....

I'm a pwick-ly pear once in a while!

DOH!

Candyman, good choice I am using the same set up, its great! Now put your stock T header on your Rs4 3.

Christian, you WERE the first person I had heard about that header from. And I like other people said "Duratrash" I don't think so, but now after running stock, CEN, NJBT gen1, and now the duratrax, and all four with the AE pipe, I definately think the Duratrax Ae combo is great! Not to mention its only $11 with the gasket, screws, and a silicone coupler too.

NC, you can bet it's only a matter of time before the Traxxas header goes on the RS4. I do want to polish it before I mount it. The blue won't go well with the purple stuff. So I'll go natural. And I agree about the DuraTrax. I was impressed when I heard you can slip the stock header into it. And it's true. It's that much bigger. I like it. And it's a heck of a bargain at $11 WITH coupler and gasket. No better bargain out there. Well, except $18 for the AE pipe. Dude, that's like Taco Bell. A completely satisfying, fulfilling meal for only $3. Can't argue with that.

Oh, and is it me, or is Niffken\'s sig HUGE all of a sudden???

candy...your right...i am sorry i linked the wrong pic for a few minutes. It should be fixed. You pay attention to detail. :)

the nj hobby shop and the njbt can kiss my brown eye!

Last edited:
Back