cheap and easy way of getting into nitro's?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfa-nitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi all having a low budget and reading the reviews on this i want all your opinions

is this worth buying or not as i would like to get into nitro's cheap and simply i already have a nitro thunder tiger with a gp15 engine but havent done much tunning ma self so can anyone tell me if this car would be a good way of building up my confidence in the nitro world?

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/NLS-N.htm

rob:):)

To be dreadfully honest with you, that particular car will be more headaches than it's worth. I purchased a Team Infinity exhaust pipe for my Savage, and the thing made the truck hard to start, and overheat.

If you really want to get into nitros on a budget, you would be far better off having a look in the for-sale section. There are a bunch of top quality used rigs for a very good price.

If you're thinking a new car will get you around tuning,not! Tuning is a something you'll have to learn for ANY nitro rig. If you're timid about it, don't be. Do some searching and reading, get a temp gun and start with the rig you have. When you have problems, just hop on here and ask, we'll help you out. :thumbup:

You can buy some quality used rigs in our for sale section or look on ebay. I bought my revo used for $250 bucks ran great but needed some small stuff. I have since gotten fully addicted and have been spending money on it non stop in upgrades its a addiction be prepared. There is no such thing as a Nitro rc rehab clinic my wife was looking.

your walking down an expensive road. One of two things will happen here, either you will get frustrated with the no name car and give the hobby up, or you will do what i did, scrap the no name car and buy a T-maxx. I started with a 1/10 buggy (no name, from china) it sucked ran for about 2 days and boom. So i bought a brand new t-maxx 2.5 for $300, and thats it. I have put no money in to my t-maxx other than fuel. Moral of the story, buy name brand, i recommend Traxxas

What's the price on that in USD? Just curious what your shooting for here...

I'm with the others. Save up your dough and get something that won't nickel and dime you to death from the time you open the box to the time you set it on fire and go buy a new video game to replace the fun you thought you'd have.

Back