chassis mod question more than anything, opinions welcome!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mineverun09

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well on my jato, I'm sick of the so called "easy start" so i've been using a bump box, but you have to get it on there JUUUUUUUUUUUST right for it to crank it over, so I'm thinking about cutting a little bit off the chassis. yay or nay?

and please dont say pull starter i know i could get one but i dont want to pay 20.00 for one.

this is only about cutting/ modding the frame. thanks.

Depends on how much you cut. My only suggestion would be to make sure the edges of the cut are rounded to avoid stress fractures as the chassis flex's when running. Only cut as much as you absolutely need to.

i just took from where the flywheel on the bottom, straight back.

seems to be alright, and if it cracks the frame, i'll get the silver lighter one i've always wanted :D

thanks, you have a jato don't you?

i will eventually get the pull start.. but uh check out my carb question thread will ya? tell me what you think. mines acting SO weird. i can't get it to tune right for some reason after putting a new carb body on it..

Before you start throwing carbs away biggest problem is air leaks try a little silicon around the base were it mounts to the crank case pipe back pressure is important too! Good luck

w bill- i had to put a new body on, and now it wont tune right, not that it wont tune right so i put a new body on it...

Also check all parts fit that new body exactly right any o rings in it check under magnifing glass one nick in it can mess you up make sure adjustment screws arent bent or tips not damaged

Back