Charlie's very large scale crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well guys, I thought my RC's were a blast, until I got on my newest toy. I've been ouside bashing the big daddy of them all, a dozer. Unfortuantely, I only rented it for a week. I'm working a lot today out in the heat, but the fun on the dozer offsets the work some. It's amazing what these things can do, and a lot of people run them much larger than the one I rented. Lessen, I feel your pain of working through the holiday, but I've been getting stuff done that's needed to be done for years. When I get done clearing all thr brush and forest land that I'm cleaning up, I'm going to build some nice jumps and stuff to bash with.

100_0723.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0729.jpg

100_0730.jpg

100_0731.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0735.jpg

Last edited:
now it just needs an rc paint job and stickers!!

my dad is a supervisor for a oil site services company. they got some BIG BOYS.. the d6 is a beast. it has 6ft tall high tracks on it. the track hoe has a radio and AC!

i love playing on the big stuff. i even have a cat key on my keyring.

Looks like good times for sure. What all are you dozing? Does this mean that we're gonna see some more shots of that track of yours?

Used to do that for a living.

This time of year I really miss it.
Got one of Dad's old endloaders started the other day. Man when the turbo started to spool up, I know I had a big goofy grin on my face.....

Good choice, Deere's seem to be better then the Cat's for pushing power.

now it just needs an rc paint job and stickers!!

I used to install car stereos for a living. After we started the company that we have now and got it going, we were able to buy a Leibherr crane that was nearly brand new. Anyone that knows their heavy equipment will tell you that Leibherr is at least one of the top cranes on the market, even if they have a different opinion of what the best is. It's a fine piece of equipment from Germany, with a mercedes engine. Anyway, the people we bought the crane from pulled their stereo and radio equipment out when they sold it. So I installed two CD players, highs and mid range speakers in both cabins (operators cab and drivers cab) and put a subwoofer in the drivers cab. I gotta tell you, it was something when we pulled it onto the jobsite and people saw a huge Memphis decal across that big windshield, and alpine decals on the side under the company logos.

Been wanting to post pics of mine, but a buddy had my camera.
Got it back yesterday.

You guys thought we just had our cars on blocks. :D

Here are a couple of pics of the one I have been modifying a bit.

haha digger you can tell your from wv. :p

haha digger you can tell your from wv. :p
Hey man, been through your state too.

Scrap is $400 a ton now, so I'm having a big sale.
Got 2 of the bigger dozers that run. They may be part of your next car. :D

Really hate to do it, but I'll get more out of them for junk.

Yeap it's amazing what scrap metal is going for right now. You should see our invoices for what we're making on scrap at out structural steel fab shop compared to what we made 5 years ago, absolutely insane.

Yeap it's amazing what scrap metal is going for right now. You should see our invoices for what we're making on scrap at out structural steel fab shop compared to what we made 5 years ago, absolutely insane.
Unreal ain't it?
I'm working in a tube mill. So I know how much stuff would go in the bin.
They are getting $600 a ton out of that.

I've got 2 dozers that run. Can't get much out of them in one piece. So I'm gonna cut em up. Get twice the money out of em. Be almost what we paid for them in '84.
Got an old loader that I will be using. After I get finished with it, it will be finished.

Didn't the steel prices go up because china is building lots? It causes problems here too, I wanted to build a steel scafolding (sp) but it wouuld have been 100 bucks for the square tubing I wanted, so I found some in some old diskers. When I was still young and wild a friend and I got 3/4 pissed and took out both of his bulldosers and had a reverse tugofwar. needless to say much steel was bent and large rectangular holes were dug...

:hehe: You might be a redneck if you clear the field and find an old dozer on blocks, LOL!!!! :hehe:

That first one Digger looks like an Inter 250 series B. We used to have 2 of those. I run a Cat D9R, (60 ton) I'll grab some pics.

Charlie, glad to see Deere is still being used (even though little of them are built in the US anymore), my dad would be proud. I bet that was a blast, talk about being able to clear some land quick! Can't wait to see your 'bashing' area.