Charlie's All Out Comp Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting close man, thats awsome. can't wait to see the final product.

I can't wait to see the final product CRAWL. NCNitro was slap full of clients and didn't have much spare time, so I solicited the help of Candyman for the bodies, and we're going to have some absolutely insane bodies. My rig's going to be so sick when I get done, it might just vomet on the desk.

I can't wait to see the final product CRAWL. NCNitro was slap full of clients and didn't have much spare time, so I solicited the help of Candyman for the bodies, and we're going to have some absolutely insane bodies. My rig's going to be so sick when I get done, it might just vomet on the desk.

and then give it to me lol. I'm so glad ur going to run a body, its gonna be so nice it needs somewhat of a scale look in my opinion.;)

did you have the same problem with the MIP's?

Well for this comp rig I will be running crawler bodies that will give me the best clearance and best performance without a lot of cutting and dicing. So far I have made plans for these bodies: Axial XC-1, Proline C10 crawler (same body as my silver, green and orange one, but painted to match the rig and my sponsor), and Losi Grappler. I also have plans for a bug body. Since there are so many, I planned mine to be unlike anything I've seen on a crawler. I'm going to paint it old school. It will be flat black with suede scallops, and handpainted bright red pinstripe. If it has a seat, all it would need would be a navajo blanket over the seat lol. The red pinstripe will be like you see on hot rods with the old pinstripers with the long beards that take special brushes and freehand their lines down the side of the car.

I'll let you know when I get the MIP's in. I'm building a new set of axles for another crawler right now, the East End Machining test rat. Guinea pig sounded to innocent, so I like test rat. With a flat black body, it will be a test rat rod lol.

You referred to the truck as a 'Test Rat', I think the name you were looking for was 'Lab Rat' as in Laboratory Rat, used for testing things on.

Sorry, weird sense of humour/British mind :p

I got it now. I didn't read the post before, and I forgot that I mentioned my other rig. So when you said lab rat I was thinking that you had my crawlers mixed up, but then I read the post and realized that I had made mention of the test rig. I like the name lab rat, I'm trying to think of a good name for the test rig that has to do with a lab rat, but is catchy and maybe a double meaning or something.

I got it now. I didn't read the post before, and I forgot that I mentioned my other rig. So when you said lab rat I was thinking that you had my crawlers mixed up, but then I read the post and realized that I had made mention of the test rig. I like the name lab rat, I'm trying to think of a good name for the test rig that has to do with a lab rat, but is catchy and maybe a double meaning or something.

It's looking great!
I had completely forgotten about "Members Projects" until my post got moved there!

I'm also thinking of names, gotta name em that way they feel loved and wanted.:)

I'm thinking plátano podrido for mine.

Thats "Rotten banana" in Spanish because I plan on painting it yellow and black:hehe:
but anyways it's looking great!
Crawlers look more and more fun every day!:)

Last edited:
crawlers ARE more and more fun every day....Rotten Banana lol thats a killer name.

Words can't explain how much I enjoy my crawlers. Anyone on this site will tell you that I've had a passion for every aspect of RC that I've tried, from nitros, monster trucks, large scale gassers, brushless race rigs with LiPo, etc... I will tell you that the crawlers have developed as a passion for me that is unmatched by any other form of RC. What's funny is that when I built my first crawler, I was one of those people that was thinking I would most likely sell it because I couldn't imagine that I would have fun going slow. Boy was I wrong, it's the most thrilling RC driving that I've ever done, and sidehilling with the rig completely vertical on two wheels while maintaining a balance without turning over is like no adrenaline rush that I've experienced with RC's, and it's SO much more relaxing after a hard day at work. Scoob if you have any questions about crawling of mods for your crawler, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Words can't explain how much I enjoy my crawlers. Anyone on this site will tell you that I've had a passion for every aspect of RC that I've tried, from nitros, monster trucks, large scale gassers, brushless race rigs with LiPo, etc... I will tell you that the crawlers have developed as a passion for me that is unmatched by any other form of RC. What's funny is that when I built my first crawler, I was one of those people that was thinking I would most likely sell it because I couldn't imagine that I would have fun going slow. Boy was I wrong, it's the most thrilling RC driving that I've ever done, and sidehilling with the rig completely vertical on two wheels while maintaining a balance without turning over is like no adrenaline rush that I've experienced with RC's, and it's SO much more relaxing after a hard day at work. Scoob if you have any questions about crawling of mods for your crawler, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Yea man, I remember when you were first starting out here.
You were one of those people I couldn't keep track of what ones you had, but you seemed to enjoy them all a lot.

If you like crawlers more then all those It will be worth giving it a shot:)

I'll look into it more and I think I will make one after my custom is done!

I will ask you a little about them after I read about them some!

The best part about crawlers is that if you give 100 people a baja 5b SS kit, they might build it 3 different ways. If you give a hundred people an axial kit, or just axles and a tranny, they will build it at least a hundred different ways, and none of those ways are wrong. With other racing type and bashing type RC's, basically every rig is the same. You can buy different brands of parts and different colors and styles, but the basic chassis and suspension layout remains the same. Crawlers are all about custom fabrication and fine tuning the setup. A few years ago you couldn't buy a rock crawler, every one of them was custom built using other types or RC's for the parts and basically building everything but the axles, tranny, and shocks, and most of those were heavily modified from the way they came with their original RC's. So even though you can now buy crawler kits, a lot of it still consists of custom setup techniques and fabbing up parts to make your rig handle to fit your driving style.

^^^^yeah basically other r/c's can be personalized by using a different body or tires but u are exactly right charlie, these are so custom and fairly easy to make custom adjustments to your personal taste that it makes it that much more fun, i dont see getting tired of it for a very long time if ever.

I will definitely look at ideas for making one, but I gotta finish the project at hand first.
So many things to do so little time.

I think when I make mine I will look at idea and then custom fab mine.
Except for things like axles and things like that I think I can handle making the chassis.

I think I'll take you up on that offer to PM you for questions though!:)

Back