CEN SH 28 engine - stats?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glyde

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all
A couple of weeks ago i got a hyper8.5 with a Cen SH 28 engine.
I've been looking all over the web for some stats on the engine and i can't find much on it at all.
Does anyone here have this engine?

What do you need to know?
www.hobbypeople.net sells them. Maybe they have some specs on it.
It is a good monster truck basher engine, lots of torque, not a lot of top end rpm's or power, and they suck fuel like a 454 Chevy big block.

thanks Scrogg
just wanting to know the stats as in rpm/power etc,
your right about it sucking fuel, i found that out when i was running it in.

Nothing moves a buggy like a good race .21 engine. Plus they use 50% less fuel than that engine does!
Here's your stats
Displacement 4.59cc
Bore: 18.5mm
Stroke: 17mm
Top RPM: 28,000
Power: 3.5hp @ 28,000
Weight: 410gr
keep in mind no nitro engine actually produces 3.5hp
It's more like 1.3-1.4 h.p. on a real world dyno

Hey Olds cen sh28, G70366 model number on the box - big blue head seems to have a lot of bottom end but tune hard to get right... Sounds like it's rich when it's not and leans out A LOT when end of tank - must be a sweet spot there somewhere but... Man.... In Brisbane Oz too so high humidity and temps - anyone got exp with this enigine in similar climate?

if your motor is easy to tune and you like it thats all that matters. not the name brand. but if your going to buy another one for you buggy look in to the GRP .21 race tuned engine i have one with close to 4 gals through it and its a beast just my 2cents:p:

Back