CEN GST? Anybody have one and thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JettaManDan

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm getting back into R/C after a few years off...and my interest and tinkering has gotten my father-in-law interested. I stick with the major brands i have always bought - HPI - Associated - Tamiya etc....i told him to go to towerhobbies to see what he likes and i'll help him out - the truck he wants in the CEN 1/8TH GST truck...and i was curious if anyone here had one and had any experience with these products? It's a big block .46 and even a 3 speed tranny and reverse...looks pretty cool...i have always built my own stuff and don't like RTR...but he doesn't have the time to really build something...he runs his own business and works like 12 hours a day 6 days a week..so i think he wants to buy something to take out of the box..fuel up and roll...but i have no expereince with CEN cars..so wanted your guys opinions...any help would be great! TIA!

Dan

links for clicks...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSWN7&P=ML

http://www.cenracing.com/cars/gst/gst.html

Yea mate i got a GST 7.7. It's a frikkin huge truck (8kgs) i am having a great time with mine it's tough, pretty fast for it's size too. But i've had my fair share of dramas, but no more than any other car i own Aftershock ,1/10 electric Brontosaurus. From what i've heard they tend to have diff problems ??
Not sure if this is true yet i've only had mine a short time. We'll see it's in at the shop at present. It will depend on what kind of use you have in mind for it too ?? They're not really a jumping truck because of the weight (iv'e tried)
but they really are unstoppable through rough terrain. YOU DECIDE though .
Hope that helps !!

yeah it does..thanks! i asked hm last night wnat he wanted ot do with a car or truck..and his answers are making me lead him to a buggy or a smaller more nimble truck..so we'll see..i think he does want to jump stuff.... :)

If he wants to race and jump I suggest Team Losi XXL,LST2,Aftershock. I have an Aftershock and it is the toughest car I ever seen, big air and speed aren't a problem.!!!:D

he decided on an Associated Truck - the 8.0 or whatever...he likes the on board starter and the fact it was a .50 motor...so we'll see! I ordered a Duratrax Raze....friggin $250 from tower....could not pass it up....