CEN GSR 5.0 - Newbie Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tirekicker

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am very new to nitro R/C setups, have a basic knowledge of engines but have a bunch of questions I am hoping to get som assistance with.
First, the car is a CEN GSR 5.0. I am under the impression that CEN is not too popular anymore and this car is a bit "old".
Most of this setup is intact but I believe I may be missing a few things.
Engine only says Corsa which I believe was a 7.7 with this model.

1) It did not come with a controller so I am assuming there is no receiver as I did not see anything under the "hood". Any recommendations as to what I should get?

2) Are some parts interchangable with different brands?

3) There is no pull cord or assembly that I can see so I am at a loss as to how to start it?

4) Is there a certain type of fuel that would be ideal?

I can provide any pictures that anyone may want to see.

Thanks in advance!

20220730_132215.jpg
20220730_132253.jpg
20220730_132021.jpg
20220730_132141.jpg

Welcome to the site. Before running the truck hard I would say make sure you can buy the parts for it, otherwise it may be broken for eternity.

1. One of the more popular remotes is this brand. https://www.flysky-cn.com/gt5 I dont own one yet, but it is on my list.

2. Parts may be interchangable from different Cen models, but not other manufactures unless you find aftermarket parts. Due to the age I have a feeling no aftermarket and limited factory parts.

3. Buy a pullstart or cheap engine the same make and model for parts. Sullivan may also make a tiger drive for it.
https://sullivanproducts.com/tiger-drive-reference-page/

Nitro fuel only. Check the nitro and oil content prior to purchasing. I usually use 30-33%. I can't remember the nitro content.

Also buy a second air filter, clean and oil both. These engines are picky and probably the easiest to kill.

My advice is this. Look for a hobby shop. If you see anyone running an rc car approach them and introduce yourself. That truck looks like its in great shape but if it's been sitting a while could need a complete overhauling. But definitely look for someone local cause it's going to take you some time to learn.

Back