cb65's mgt's.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sloop close to buying one a couple weeks ago... Actually good it failed tho as I had kind of forgotten about the whole going back to school thing etc... Damned kids and their damned rock and roll music... Errrr....:p

Try to start wrenchin on my Mgt tomorrow ,change the clutch bell & see how the shoes look!
I will do that first an give it a test run with the bad tire .....see if I can blow it plum off!.....:p

Those are aluminum rims ,so it will take 24 hrs for glue to cure!

Doing mods on an 8.0 spur gear right now ,have to drill holes for ball bearings an grinding for center spacer to
adapt it!
upload_2016-9-24_10-8-59.png

upload_2016-9-24_10-7-35.png

upload_2016-9-24_10-8-9.png

I'm adapting an 8.0 spur gear to a 4.6 trans.
I have to modify the center of the spur ,the spur has a large center ,so I kept the center piece ,but
had to grind the rest of it off to fill the void.

This has to come off ,buthave to leave the center of it for a bushing!

upload_2016-9-24_13-0-14.png

Next ,I punch out the brass bushing that's in it ,an install the hexed bushing from the 4.6 version.
Note;The 8.0 is not hexed ,it has a pin!

upload_2016-9-24_13-3-26.png

upload_2016-9-24_13-3-56.png

This is what I came up with ,have friction pad behind the gear ,now I just need to adjust engine ,
an give it a test run!...:D

upload_2016-9-24_16-38-5.png

upload_2016-9-24_16-38-24.png

There wasn't nothing wrong with the other spur ,its just that I like to try my own things!...:D

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the clutch that is eating springs!!! Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you. Good luck!!!:thumbs-up:

God news & bad news.

The good news ,truck still runs like a stripped mo-fo!

Bad news ,my camera took a dump....:doh::doh:

Now I have to talk my wife into using hers!.....:eek:

I ran the Mgt just now ,Its cutting out ,so its probably in the fuel tank ,I have to pull it off an clean it as
the fuel sat for months.Perhap dirty filter ,but it did run.I waited too late an it got dark on me.

Try to get a vid up tomorrow after I check fuel system!

Nice! That's such a cool car! Looking forward to the vid!

Doh...ran the MGT just now ,notice only my rear wheels were braking ,further investigated an the set screw
had came out of the front drive shaft input cup.....no wonder why my front tires haven't exploded yet!....DOH

I will get a pin in an try to get a vid ,that's what I was going to do when I discovered what was happening...:doh:

Well, that's a bummer but at least you caught it before it blew out and caused any damage!

I think I have a set of those monster claws with 14mm hex rims around somewhere...

Lol...I love them because their not hard ,they grip very well in loose dirt ,an they absorb the impact on high landings!
I have the rims to the tires but don't run the rims ,they don't fit because they rub the knuckles.
The rims that I run are aluminum!,,,I buy the Losi claws an heat them off the wheel an I use a weather strip adhesive
to glue them to the aluminum rims....:cool:

I ran them on my savage many years ago for snow running, but that's about it. I took them off the aftershock before I even broke it in. lol

I ran them on my savage many years ago for snow running, but that's about it. I took them off the aftershock before I even broke it in. lol

I'm do for some new tires ,they are getting rotted ,the problem with those ,they are a soft compound tire an
can get cut or damage real easy on bashing!

Back