Castle esc doesn’t bind with traxxas or spektrum receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RookieNumberss

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, haven’t been on this forum in a while and have been anticipating an answer to this question.

Why on earth will none of my castle esc’s work with a traxxas or/and spektrum receiver? They’ve only worked with my futaba one (3PV, r203gf).
I have a mmx8s and mm2 from a x0-1. I could understand why my mm2 doesn’t work, since it’s technically not castle and moreover traxxas (right?) but idk what’s up with my mmx8s! I put my mmx8s with my futaba rx in a felony and it has been probably my best esc, but it’s frustrating to know that when i think about getting another castle esc, i have to spend more getting another receiver.

I'd contact castle. I haven't had any issues connecting any spektrum receiver to any castle esc. I've used the really old single wire receivers, knock off orange DSM2 receivers, DSMR receivers, all with the MXL-6S (rebadged MM2), F360C (Hpi's rebadged MMv1), MMX, and sidewinder sct.

So far, the only thing I have an issue connecting my DX5C to is a 2.4ghz receiver/esc board that goes in losi's micro trucks. Works on one, but not the second that I have for some reason. But that's the transmitter. My super old DX3R which is DSM connects to it fine, but I don't use that radio anymore.

I'll 2nd contact castle.I've used cc a bunch only thing I can say is .they have very weak bec on every esc I have used along with 3 different 10 amp becs that failed. I now use other ubec outa the box...

Back