Carb maintenance.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy rider

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
What are you guys doing for your carbs for long storage? WD40? Brake cleaner? OS recommends nothing. What’s everyone doing?

I just put a couple drops of after run oil down the carb and spin it over a few times. If it's been sitting a few months, I run it. Then oil it again.

After every run I put WD40 into the carb and turn the engine a couple times

Just ARO. Little in the carb, a little on the piston, spin it a few times to coat everything real good.

I like to attach fuel tubing to the carb and innox MX3 lubricant from the other end, one squirt will do it, that way the whole carb is flushed fully and does not gum up over time.

Spraying just into venturi is OK, but carb will still clog up eventually if left sitting for too long.

Like @gandalfnz said, but I just use ARO in the carb inlet, but I also use associated green slime on the HSN/LSN o-rings so they don't dry out. I put a few drops in the glow plug hole as well, then down the carb neck and in the carb fuel inlet, then turn it over a few times.

Afterrun oil for long periods of sitting. Make sure no fuel is in the tank or lines