Car flips on acceleration

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRESSMASTER

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a pimped out duratrax nitro evader ST that flips on acceleration.

wut happens is i start accelerating and my front end lifts off and if i keep going i totally flip. I think it is all of the downforce on the back cause i got a crowd pleaser flin on it (from that body kit).

Should i ditch the fin?
Should i move my batter pack?

It flips at the same speed everytime but i dont wanna decel cause of postion.

Last edited:
You don't want to decelerate because of position? what position are you in after you flip??!! You can try a different body on it. (try it without one) to see how it changes the handling. Moving the batteries will help but not too much. The finger control will be your best fix then testing with the body.

I drag race with my friends in the parking lot

i will try a new body

Re gear your ride. Give it more teeth on the CB and SG.

move your battery pack to just behind the front shocktower. you could even zip tie it to the tower if you want. basically get as much weight over the front wheels as you can. you can regear it a little bit. but shifting weight forward will keep the front end down and allow you to keep your off the line speed.

moving the weight doesn't help with my ST. have to add weight and I still wheelie like GRESSMASTER has described. Wheelie bars would help but control (steering) would be a problem. only thing that really helps is finger control. Never tried re gearing, I have the stock gears in it. BTW, My ST is the Schumacher XTR-TT.

moving weight does help. i used to race ST, a XXXNT drake to be exact. ST's are very light RC's especially the front end. getting as much of thier weight as far forward as you can will help keep the front end down. it wont solve everything, but it does help a lot. you can't just grab the trigger and expect it to drive itself though.

i just destroyed by ride so i wont have to worry about this problem--i hit a iron stake in my yard at about 30 and bent all the steering bars, and ripped off all of the plastic compontents...i hate green stakes ramdomly put in my yard

LOL, i did the same thing with my rc10gt right after i fixed it!!! Man, i am such a horrible driver, I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened to!