Can't pullstart engine, help me please!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sletten25

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have the hpi trophy truggy f4.6 with the pullstart. Well I got the car broke in then went out to go drive it again and when I tried to pullstart it, it would not pull over. So I replaced the one way bearing and the pull start and it's still doing the same thing... what else could it be? I looked inside the motor and the crankshaft seems fine also.

As in the pull start doesn't turn the engine over?

Is the new OWB installed in the right direction?
Does the new OWB grab the start shaft?

Yes and yes...u want it to grab and spin to the right correct? If your looking at it from the back?

How can I test that? I'm new to nitro rc trucks

Yea I can turn it until the piston is at the top then that's it if that sounds right

Yes the piston goes up and down

Let e go check

If it does, plug the glow plug opening with your finger, pull the starter several times and check if you feel or hear the compression on the up stroke.

It don't go up and down when I pull the pullstart

You've got to take the OWB out again. When the backplate is off, see if you can turn the bearing in both directions, or only one.

Ok I'll have to do this tmr night..I'll let you know then what's going on if that's ok

No problem. It sounds like you might still have too much oil on the crank, or the crank is worn down too far for the OWB to grab.
Keep us posted on what you find.

Check that the OWB fits into the pull start correctly.
If the OWB grabs the start shaft well when turned to the right and that will spin the engine over then it has to be a problem between the OWB and the pull starter.

Alright cause I noticed when I put that owb on I had to push on that shift in order to get it to grab the crank..If that sounds right?

Back