Can the Traxxas Rally be lifted to perform better off-road?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owenjones1112

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I found a used Traxxas rally it’s got a 6s system 75mph, but idk if it is a good fit for me does anybody if it’s good off-road and also a way to raise it and make it more like a truck almost, I want maybe a way that is easy to adjust so when I go off-road I can raise it maybe idk. If you guys know a way of making it better over quite roughy terrain (more than like gravel and dirt) pls lmk

6 cell off-road interesting.. raising any car will not helps its performance off-road it will change the center of gravity and roll much easier.. this is a rally car not a 4x4 minster truck.

Do
6 cell off-road interesting.. raising any car will not helps its performance off-road it will change the center of gravity and roll much easier.. this is a rally car not a 4x4 minster truck.
you know a way to make it better off-road?

So I found a used Traxxas rally it’s got a 6s system 75mph, but idk if it is a good fit for me does anybody if it’s good off-road and also a way to raise it and make it more like a truck almost, I want maybe a way that is easy to adjust so when I go off-road I can raise it maybe idk. If you guys know a way of making it better over quite roughy terrain (more than like gravel and dirt) pls lmk

I believe those have the 12mm hex hubs on them. If so, that is a very common size and will fit a lot of 1/10 truck wheels. You will have to drop the pinion gear down a couple teeth and increase the spur gear by a couple teeth. Otherwise, you will burn up your motor.

its a rally car not a true off-road rc.. as 4 other wheels sure as long as you have wheel well space...rally cars are not off road...great for dirt just not to many obstacles or jumps..

its a rally car not a true off-road rc.. as 4 other wheels sure as long as you have wheel well space...rally cars are not off road...great for dirt just not to many obstacles or jumps..

You're 120% correct. By doing this, it will destroy his car and I am hoping he shares video footage of it. it doesn't have the integrity or suspension for the rougher off-road driving.

I just re-read his post, so to answer the question, "No, it will not be good off-road, but there are ways to raise it to drive off-road." just make sure you share video footage of it if you do raise it and take it off-roading.

Back