can someone tell me what my rc is worth?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey i have a sc10gt i only ran 13 tanks and the last one was today, it is stock and runs just fine no big dings or any major marks or dings to the truck. it Has a new glow plug and fuel filter, i will sell it with out a hump pack to the next owner imo most local guys will not have a charger and the last would be buyer a few weeks back got confused about the whole needing a charger just for the receiver. Any ways these are 285.00 i am asking 180.00 firm . is this a fair price? I am trying to get some money for a savage or mgt 4.6 and i for me based on my area all there is some beat up traxxas t maxx that most likely where beat on or just never broke in close to how one should do it. Thanks

Usually you can't get really much more than half of what you paid for it new. I'd say that $180 might be a bit high. I'd guess closer to $150. But that is a guess.

Usually you can't get really much more than half of what you paid for it new. I'd say that $180 might be a bit high. I'd guess closer to $150. But that is a guess.

really even less then 15 tanks and its pretty much new and set up right? I would take 170 but i might be able to throw in a glow starter for the full price. I can not let it go for 150 , a savage will cost me 440 or so and 290 on top of my truck is not worth it as i am getting rid of a brand new rc . I understand things go down in price but for some reason i have to get the new owner to understand its ready to run and has been broke in and set up for the current weather. See where i live its pretty much take this traxxas pos and you will be stuck with it. Any solid rc i swear they ask 80 percent and they never sell i just want to get the most i can towards the savage. I really want to step up and get the 2013 model i like the 4 shock set up . I only wonder why on a damn near 500 rc why does it have a 8.00 tune pipe/header combo? Anyways thanks for posting and i am thinking what my bottom dollar is and i guess if i get a few emails i can go over what my offers are. I am pushing for a sat or sunday deal based on the weather is nice and i know its easier to sell something like this on a nice day then a day where its 10 deg and snowing lol.

I'd suggest that you put on Ebay (with or without a reserve - I myself suggest no reserve).. and let the bidding begin. This is the easiest way in my view to 'set price' as you will get exactly what some sample of the market is willing and able to pay.

Good luck though w/ your disposition.

The final selling price may be higher but remember you will lose approx. 15% in fees selling on eBay. Selling a used rc sucks! Unless you're lucky hamz is right,about 50% of new is about what you can expect.

The final selling price may be higher but remember you will lose approx. 15% in fees selling on eBay. Selling a used rc sucks! Unless you're lucky hamz is right,about 50% of new is about what you can expect.

local deal, no ebay. I hope to find a local guy that wants a truck that is ready to run and not some pos traxxas that is over priced. I think just based on what i have seen over the past 4 months my truck is the best. I can offer to set it up and help them with where to get parts and fuel etc. I just want to see the next owner happy and i want as much as i can get towards at 1/8th truck. I would even take a mgt 4.6 and save the 70.00 on that rtr.

The second you put a drop of fuel into the rigs tank, it becomes used and loses half of its value. It sucks, but that's the honest truth.

I have to agree with these statements man

it is worth more then 142.50 .

I would use the 180 as your safety net, and dicker with the person who wants it

You know what really sucks. Guys like all of us on the boards usually take REALLY good care of our trucks and when we sell them, the buyer gets a SOLID running rc at a fair price as opposed to CL sellers who beat the crap out of there rc's and don't maintain them at all and sell them for the same price to some kid that wants to get into the hobby and have fun but can't because he got ripped off! Sorry for the rant! Oh, and by the way, your truck is worth nothing so I will pay shipping and you can just send it to me!:D

I tried selling my fleet of 6 in 2005 and I would've only gotten maybe 600 or so which was very low IMHO so I kept them. Since you know what you will take for it I would suggest a starting point of 225 or best offer. This way you can negotiate a little bit and maybe get 200 out of it. It also shows the new potential owner that you're flexible which might get some attention compared to having a firm price. At the point of sale you could then state it's condition and why you're selling. I would also include the receiver pack since a new one is 15 bucks and include the warmer so it's a total rtr package for the new owner. If you make it easy for the new owner chances are you'll sell it faster. Good luck and keep us posted.

really even less then 15 tanks and its pretty much new and set up right? I would take 170 but i might be able to throw in a glow starter for the full price. I can not let it go for 150 , a savage will cost me 440 or so and 290 on top of my truck is not worth it as i am getting rid of a brand new rc . I understand things go down in price but for some reason i have to get the new owner to understand its ready to run and has been broke in and set up for the current weather. See where i live its pretty much take this traxxas pos and you will be stuck with it. Any solid rc i swear they ask 80 percent and they never sell i just want to get the most i can towards the savage. I really want to step up and get the 2013 model i like the 4 shock set up . I only wonder why on a damn near 500 rc why does it have a 8.00 tune pipe/header combo? Anyways thanks for posting and i am thinking what my bottom dollar is and i guess if i get a few emails i can go over what my offers are. I am pushing for a sat or sunday deal based on the weather is nice and i know its easier to sell something like this on a nice day then a day where its 10 deg and snowing lol.

I've got a Savage XL I might trade.

Back