can someone explain how to install this tuned pipe?

• Thread starter pelicanprentice
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
hello, i had this tuned pipe laying around and want to install it . my truck is a savage x 4.6
i am confused on how to install it. i see the pipe and then i see the header thing with the rubber or whatever coupler thing on it.
however the side from the exahust is too large, like i dont understand how to install

am i supposed to shove the exhaust into the rubber coupler and stretch it out? any video or explanation?

thx

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 81
The end of the pipe with the flange is suppose to fit against the header side with the silicone coupler. Both ends need to be the same size to work. If one end is smaller then it won't work. You zip ties in the silicone coupler grooves and tighten. But the tune pipe doesn't look like it will match up with the header you have? Make sure the tune pipe is for 1/8 scale. 1/10 scale is shorter.

The end of the pipe with the flange is suppose to fit against the header side with the silicone coupler. Both ends need to be the same size to work. If one end is smaller then it won't work. You zip ties in the silicone coupler grooves and tighten. But the tune pipe doesn't look like it will match up with the header you have? Make sure the tune pipe is for 1/8 scale. 1/10 scale is shorter.
thanks for the reply and yeah thats why I'm confused, am i supposed to insert both flanges into the silicon coupler? the exhaust side of the flange is larger then the header side and it seems like ill end up stretching the coupler if i try putting in both

Back