Can I use a 4264 2600kv for my 4wd short course truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it runs without overheating then I wouldnt worry about it. What kind of temps are you seeing from the ESC and motor?

Unless you are trying to make it faster and you want the bigger motor to use bigger pinions? If thats the case then go for it.
Yeah that is what I want but I can't check temps because I dont have a temp gun. But I remember it being kind of hot after running it in the summer whith a 5400mah 3s battery. But I could still touch it. It was about 24c outside. Right know gearing is 10/42 and top speed is about 45km/h.

Yeah that is what I want but I can't check temps because I dont have a temp gun. But I remember it being kind of hot after running it in the summer whith a 5400mah 3s battery. But I could still touch it. It was about 24c outside. Right know gearing is 10/42 and top speed is about 45km/h.
Buy a temp gun as soon as possible, it’s super necessary for RC cars.

Would the SkyRC ITP380 IR work?
Yes, and make sure the motor never goes above 140f and the ESC 130f. You could let it go higher, but the temps I said before are the ones I go by.

I wouldnt let the engine go higher than 165-170ish and the ESC needs to be at least 10F less than the motor.
I'm thinking of putting som thermal paste between the heat sink and the motor too make the cooling better. Is that going to work?

I'm thinking of putting som thermal paste between the heat sink and the motor too make the cooling better. Is that going to work?
If its a smooth can then yeah that could see that helping a bit. If its a ribbed can then no.

If its a smooth can then yeah that could see that helping a bit. If its a ribbed can then no.
Its ribbed so I'm thinking of buying a thermal pad instead. Cause I think that would work better.

Its ribbed so I'm thinking of buying a thermal pad instead. Cause I think that would work better.
If its ribbed any thermal compound you use (paste or pad) is just going to clog up the ribs and make them ineffective. I would not advise you to do that.

If its ribbed any thermal compound you use (paste or pad) is just going to clog up the ribs and make them ineffective. I would not advise you to do that.
But there would be better heat spread cause the heat sink would have more contact

Then you do you boo. Make sure you come back and tell us how that works out for ya. Make sure you use something with a good "W/mk" rating :thumbs-up:
Ok will do. But I'm going to test it in about 4months.....

Actually, the thermal paste will help some with a ribbed can. Just not as much as with smooth can. The paste is meant to close the gaps.

Back