can i run today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

jathom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
its 35ish degrees out and i finally got my tmaxx together.. i just wanna rip up and down the road a bit think its too cold?
any precautions i should take?

pitbull14218

RCNT Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
lol i wish it was 35 out near me.............its kinda single digits. I'm waiting on parts still.

If your motor has been broke in, then you should be ok if you watch the tune and have it a lil rich to be safe. thats what i have been told before, so I'm sure people will chim in.

also wrap the head, i used aluminum foil last year, but dont use something that will get soaked because that would be worse.

Last edited:

samrsnow

RCNT Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
35ish? Wrap the cooling head with a few little sheets of aluminum foil and stick the tube half of a sock over that also. (cut the sock in half) That should keep the temps up.

ajames942

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If you engine runs good under 200 thats ok. DO NOT keep leaning it to get the temps up, it wont provide enough lubrication and will smoke the motor.

KID

RCNT Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
If their is no snow or rain and just cold out, I just use 2 socks and it works just fine. If its wet out or snowing use aluminum foil or something that will not get soaked.