Can I run a 2 cell LIPO on a brushed motor 1/24 scale Losi micro sct?

• Thread starter NurturantQuasar
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have seen people run 2s lipo but my question is do I need to set up the esc for running one like on a Traxxas or does it automatically do it on this car? If the esc does need to be set to how do I do it? I’m pretty clueless when it comes to these Losi micro rc cars and I can’t find much on the internet so any help would be appreciated.
344D97BF-C991-45A5-BEC5-7F13D22D1513.jpeg

You can still use a lipo battery, just get a low voltage monitor and it will beep when the battery has reached the cut off point.

Yes, you can, but if you push it hard, the esc/receiver will overheat and shut down and the motor gets pretty hot.

I have the micro-sct and micro-high roller. My MSCT came with a brushless motor in it and I had a the DT brushed motor in my MHR. Both used the same esc/receiver board. I ran a 2S lipo in both of them and even tried 3S in the msct which was stupid fast. I recently took the msct brushless motor and put it in my MHR to try. The MHR was already too fast for the most part for what I wanted to do and the brushless motor didn't help that. I may switch the motors back as the brushed seemed to have more low end torque, so I could more easily do slower running in my house.

One issue I have with the msct esc/receiver is that it won't bind to my DX5C remote. My MHR will though. I never drive the msct since it's a bit large for indoor running and for me, to small to run outside, so it sits anyway.

Yes, you can, but if you push it hard, the esc/receiver will overheat and shut down and the motor gets pretty hot.

I have the micro-sct and micro-high roller. My MSCT came with a brushless motor in it and I had a the DT brushed motor in my MHR. Both used the same esc/receiver board. I ran a 2S lipo in both of them and even tried 3S in the msct which was stupid fast. I recently took the msct brushless motor and put it in my MHR to try. The MHR was already too fast for the most part for what I wanted to do and the brushless motor didn't help that. I may switch the motors back as the brushed seemed to have more low end torque, so I could more easily do slower running in my house.

One issue I have with the msct esc/receiver is that it won't bind to my DX5C remote. My MHR will though. I never drive the msct since it's a bit large for indoor running and for me, to small to run outside, so it sits anyway.
Alright that’s fine I’m not really worried about heat as I’m not going full speed often I just want to be able to have enough torque to jump it off a cardboard ramp In my garage and have it run longer. I just need to find a voltage detector small enough to fit in the small battery compartment with the battery. Or some sort of wire extension so I can have it sit on the chassis somewhere.

I don't really pay much attention to the charge... the tiny lipo's for it are cheap and I rarely run it until it noticeably slows down. It seems to run forever on the little lipo's... not even sure of the capacity of the one I use as it came with heat shrink on it and no label. lol! I run it for 20 minutes and usually by then, I've either gotten bored or annoyed my wife enough that I put it away and charge the pack back up on a cheap 25W 2-3s charger.

Back