Can 1/10 scale SCT electronics work in 1/10 scale buggy or truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestrcr116

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello all,

Hope you are having great year. I have been searching for this online and cannot find an answer. I currently have an OFNA 4x4 SCT with a Tekin motor. Yes, I know that OFNA is old and no longer a company. Can I use these components in a 1/10 scale Buggy or Truggy? and if not any companies not going out of business that have a SCT Kit? (I was looking at Aarma and Traxxas as my shop has lots of parts but they are all RTR and didnt know if i could save money with a kit.)

Thanks

Hello all,

Hope you are having great year. I have been searching for this online and cannot find an answer. I currently have an OFNA 4x4 SCT with a Tekin motor. Yes, I know that OFNA is old and no longer a company. Can I use these components in a 1/10 scale Buggy or Truggy? and if not any companies not going out of business that have a SCT Kit? (I was looking at Aarma and Traxxas as my shop has lots of parts but they are all RTR and didnt know if i could save money with a kit.)

Thanks
Your electronics should work in any 1/10TH car or truck, depending on exactly what electronics you have, and what vehicle you are planning on putting them in. Kits anymore, unless it is the lower priced Tamiya stuff, are typically more expensive than a lot of the newer RTR's. An RTR, unless you abuse it, is typically cheaper overall than a kit, but, RTR's arent exactly race ready. If you are looking for race ready, or nearly race ready, unless you are a beginner, you would be better off looking at Team Associated, TLR (Team Losi Racing), or Tekno. TA and TLR both make short course kits. I know very litttle about Tekno, except that a lot of guys i used to race against swore by them.

Your electronics should work in any 1/10TH car or truck, depending on exactly what electronics you have, and what vehicle you are planning on putting them in. Kits anymore, unless it is the lower priced Tamiya stuff, are typically more expensive than a lot of the newer RTR's. An RTR, unless you abuse it, is typically cheaper overall than a kit, but, RTR's arent exactly race ready. If you are looking for race ready, or nearly race ready, unless you are a beginner, you would be better off looking at Team Associated, TLR (Team Losi Racing), or Tekno. TA and TLR both make short course kits. I know very litttle about Tekno, except that a lot of guys i used to race against swore by them.
Thanks very much for the info. This SCT truck is one i was racing back in 2012. I mainly just want to update to an active company to make sure I can get parts. I was looking at getting a Senton from Aarma and just putting my electronics in it. But didn't know if kits would be cheaper. I will definitely look at these companies as well.

Thanks very much for the info. This SCT truck is one i was racing back in 2012. I mainly just want to update to an active company to make sure I can get parts. I was looking at getting a Senton from Aarma and just putting my electronics in it. But didn't know if kits would be cheaper. I will definitely look at these companies as well.
I still have my first gen Arrma Fury (2013), as well as a pair of Racers Edge Pro 2/Team C TS2 (2012) trucks that i keep running. If you are looking at the Senton, there are a few things to consider. Unlike the OFNA, the Senton has fixed length plastic links, instead of adjustable turnbuckles, so there isnt really much in the way of adjustability, and if you are familiar with race style SCT's like i am, it can be a bit of an issue (I'm used to having the ability to set things like toe, caster, and camber so it runs the way i like it to), although it does cut down on parts needed (no more bent and twisted turnbuckles). What motor are you using? Which ESC? Most of the newer stuff can be better than the stuff i was running back then, but, some of the RTR stuff can be problematic. Is yours the TS4 or the Hyper 10? If yours is the TS4, then its pretty much the same as my Racers Edge Pro4 Enduro, and that one is nearly impossible to get parts for, or i would suggest just keeping that. You can sometimes get lucky and find them used as rollers on eBay though. Another possible option, find a used Habao, Team Associated, or TLR on ebay, and use what parts you can from the OFNA.

Last edited:
Back