Can’t prime HPI Firestorm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullwinkel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi hope someone can give me a heads up. Have a HPI firestorm nitro not had it running for at least 12 months so dusted it off checked all set up is ok everything seems to be working but I cannot prime it! Fuel tanks full air filter clear covered exhaust and pull and nothing......not a drip going into feeder tube I did not lost one of my manifold screws but surely should still be able to prime just to turn it over, any ideas thanks

Manifold screw is what seals the pressure to push the fuel into the carb when you plug the pipe. Also, if it sat for a year and wasn't properly prepared for storage, it could just be gummed up and you will need to tear the carb apart, clean it out really well, possibly put a bit of fuel in the tank, shake the bejesus out of it to get the gelled fuel in the stone filter (if it has one) to loosen up. Can also try blowing air into the tank via the fuel line to try and get it ungunked.

If you store these with fuel in them, the fuel evaporates and leaves a heavy gel of oil on everything which clogs lines, filters and carbs.

Manifold screw is what seals the pressure to push the fuel into the carb when you plug the pipe. Also, if it sat for a year and wasn't properly prepared for storage, it could just be gummed up and you will need to tear the carb apart, clean it out really well, possibly put a bit of fuel in the tank, shake the bejesus out of it to get the gelled fuel in the stone filter (if it has one) to loosen up. Can also try blowing air into the tank via the fuel line to try and get it ungunked.

If you store these with fuel in them, the fuel evaporates and leaves a heavy gel of oil on everything which clogs lines, filters and carbs.
Thanks for the info sounds like it’s just that ?

Back