Can’t identify this nitro rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enloe88

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought 2 3.3 tmaxxs for 75 bucks and got this 3rd one for free it’s a bit wider than my tmaxx everything about it is heavy duty metal drive shafts,hubs,aluminum shock towers oil filled shocks airtronics servo digital receiver I can’t figure out what it is motor only says HPI on it any help is appreciated

Attachments

• C2B6B0F2-C9C6-4CCB-BAA6-EC57A96F765F.jpeg
    C2B6B0F2-C9C6-4CCB-BAA6-EC57A96F765F.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 96FF3758-A92E-4CFB-A933-10A1E3EE358B.jpeg
    96FF3758-A92E-4CFB-A933-10A1E3EE358B.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 4F201E59-6E5F-4474-B67B-B8AD28A57C3C.jpeg
    4F201E59-6E5F-4474-B67B-B8AD28A57C3C.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 71
I’m honestly not sure but you could try using Google Lens to find it. You really stole those T-Maxx’s from them, that was an amazing price for them both. I wish you luck on finding what RC it is.

I’m honestly not sure but you could try using Google Lens to find it. You really stole those T-Maxx’s from them, that was an amazing price for them both. I wish you luck on finding what RC it is.
Ik guy honestly didn’t know what he had I even told him and he didn’t move the price one tmaxx is pretty solid other needs work none of these have body shells whatever this one is money was definitely put into it

Tried using google lens 8 times it says it’s a HPI savage can’t be the savage has the sides for the body plate idk hopefully someone stumbles on this and knows for sure thanks anyway man

That appears to actually be a buggy that someone tried to turn into a truggy ,the rear arms
are longer than the front an wheel extenders used!..🤔
That style chasy layout was used by many brands such as Kyosho & Ofna , I would try to
Find out which one an put it back to its buggy form!..👍😎

Found out what it is it’s a 1/8 scale exceed mad warrior .21 motor so 3.3 I believe
Found out what it is it’s a 1/8 scale exceed mad warrior .21 motor so 3.3 I believe
It was a buggy

I'm coming up with nothing on this. That front chassis brace is going to be the key to IDing this rig.

I'm coming up with nothing on this. That front chassis brace is going to be the key to IDing this rig.
I Figured it out it’s a exceed mad warrior buggy they tried to convert it to a truggy pushed the rear end out and made the rear wider has a .21 motor so I assume thts a 3.3 I’m gonna order all the original parts and build it back to original
I Figured it out it’s a exceed mad warrior buggy they tried to convert it to a truggy pushed the rear end out and made the rear wider has a .21 motor so I assume thts a 3.3 I’m gonna order all the original parts and build it back to original
Gotta find parts for a HPI savage XL next I’m buying it next week needs a receiver/transmitter and a fuel tank guy claims it has a k5.9 all stage 2

Last edited:

Gotta find parts for a HPI savage XL next I’m buying it next week needs a receiver/transmitter and a fuel tank guy claims it has a k5.9 all stage 2
Just out of curiosity. How did you come to that conclusion? Unless the front chassis plate has been swapped out along with the center diff brace then those parts are similar but not an exact match to the Mad Warrior as far as I can tell.

a .21 is close to a 3.3. 3.3 is technically a .20 but close enough.

Just out of curiosity. How did you come to that conclusion? Unless the front chassis plate has been swapped out along with the center diff brace then those parts are similar but not an exact match to the Mad Warrior as far as I can tell.

The chassis layout is the same tank placement A arms are the same style shocks and mounts what really Caught my eye was it has the same mount setup for the servo/hi-speed I used google lens to help me out

The chassis layout is the same tank placement A arms are the same style shocks and mounts what really Caught my eye was it has the same mount setup for the servo/hi-speed I used google lens to help me out
Theres a lot of Chinesium brands that copy each other so they are very similar but based on the aforementioned key chassis parts I dont believe it to be an exact match. Hopefully its close enough to get what you need though.

can't really use the a-arms for identification since the rear arms arent stock and the front top arms are different on each side of the rig so at least one of those isnt stock. maybe both.

The plate that holds the servo is a style thats been used on a million different RCs. Kyosho, OFNA, Exceed, HSP, Himoto, HoBao, and Redcat (just off the top of my head) have all used that style of servo plate in multiple different RCs so I'm not sure how helpful that is in IDing the rig either.

A Traxxas 3.3 is a small block though, and that .21 looks like a big block from the picture, so a 3.3 probably wouldn't fit.

Theres a lot of Chinesium brands that copy each other so they are very similar but based on the aforementioned key chassis parts I dont believe it to be an exact match. Hopefully its close enough to get what you need though.

can't really use the a-arms for identification since the rear arms arent stock and the front top arms are different on each side of the rig so at least one of those isnt stock. maybe both.

The plate that holds the servo is a style thats been used on a million different RCs. Kyosho, OFNA, Exceed, HSP, Himoto, HoBao, and Redcat (just off the top of my head) have all used that style of servo plate in multiple different RCs so I'm not sure how helpful that is in IDing the rig either.
Shocks are mismatched too, fronts look like Hyper 7 shocks rear shocks look like HPI Vorza shocks.

It looks like something that someone made with parts from a bunch of different cars from different manufacturers.

Looks like a hpi to me.

B/c I saw Hpis that looked like that.

I remember I saw one like this but I don't rember the model.

Back