Calling all Jatos!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrostoned

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone have pictures of their modified Jato? I'm looking for Ideas for my next build. I think the Jato is next in line for a project because I have been taking parts off of it for 2 years and this project will be my Jato's redemption! I know this should be in the build thread but #1 its still in the planning state and #2 more people will see it here.

Yeah I strapped a video cam to my 3.3 for the hell of it.....Loves me some zip ties...lol

jato2.jpg

jato1.jpg

SO Joey you know how fast the Jato goes and how slow it slows down right??? :D Well ill tell you the story of my cursed Jato (2.5) I baught it from a dimwit in 2005. It was to much nitro for him he had crashed so many times that I got a handfull of bent turnbuckles and the stock wheels turned to slicks with my Jato. Then I get it for $300. First day driving it fail safe malfunctions and jato full speed into a cement wall. I was like a plane crash site!:whhooo: After a long hunt for pieces I returned home had the Jato back to new in a week. Next drive It swipped a bird house post taking some suspension with it. Then The next run It goes full speed into the ditch and goes flipping endover end. It flipped 47 ft from the ditch!!:whhooo: And that was the last time it was drove:angry: It sits on a shelf with parts token off weekly:angry:. It needs a redemption!!!:first_place::first_place: I couldnt tell you every time I ran every other nitro but I can with the Jato and just did.

It was pretty much new in that picture there....I think all I have broken on mine is a tie-rod in the front. Lucky maybe?

Joey, you are too lucky! HaHa My Jato will be the next Christine:whhooo:

SO Joey you know how fast the Jato goes and how slow it slows down right??? :D Well ill tell you the story of my cursed Jato (2.5) I baught it from a dimwit in 2005. It was to much nitro for him he had crashed so many times that I got a handfull of bent turnbuckles and the stock wheels turned to slicks with my Jato. Then I get it for $300. First day driving it fail safe malfunctions and jato full speed into a cement wall. I was like a plane crash site!:whhooo: After a long hunt for pieces I returned home had the Jato back to new in a week. Next drive It swipped a bird house post taking some suspension with it. Then The next run It goes full speed into the ditch and goes flipping endover end. It flipped 47 ft from the ditch!!:whhooo: And that was the last time it was drove:angry: It sits on a shelf with parts token off weekly:angry:. It needs a redemption!!!:first_place::first_place: I couldnt tell you every time I ran every other nitro but I can with the Jato and just did.
I am new to the club and thats freaking awesome jato man! Nice work!
I figured I would introduce myself, show my rc. Also I think I came up with the best design solving the nightmare Jato throttle linkage. i knw I didn't invent the design but for those of you who haven't tried it. It's pretty basic Just look at pics and copy the bends. adjust the throttle ball on carb to about 1:00 from a top veiw. There's a set screw for adjusting. Its directly opposite end of the ball on the carb. No other screws need turning!
Plan on removing your layz start system if equipped. Yes mine is equipped, and it was just all around easier to work with that removed.
ALL linkages have to be straight! they can't be all bent up and reshaped. It'll never work perfect. close measurements are key. Vice and pliers works great for bending. If you don't have access to one use 2 pair of pliers....Wide jaw pliers as opposed to needle nose. Dont do it with finger strength on a countertop it'll never work perfect. The whole object is to have the throttle linkage parallel with connections with only 2 ..90 degree bends. You only want the throttle to open so far. NOT ANY FURTHER! With no binding. Then the throttle return spring is to pull with ONLY enough tension to seat the slide back at idle position. It does not need a spring of that strength. its strong enough for my kx! Sry. I'm a linkage freak. My 1st rc was a tamiya hornet in 1984.
Thank you all for having me, and its great to see more smokers out there.

Attachments

• 20210421_170632.jpg
    20210421_170632.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210421_141849.jpg
    20210421_141849.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20210406_141957.jpg
    IMG_20210406_141957.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210406_120943.jpg
    IMG_20210406_120943.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 36
This reminds me, I gotta a Jato roller in pieces in a box out in my garage. I need to get around to that project one of these days.

Nice lookin Jatos everyone!

Dig that little badass out. I'm pretty sure they discontinued the jato. I watched a YouTube video of an electric Jato, one with the electric conversion kit? Single speed. Sht, mine would smoke that thing if I geared it to.. in most cases electric is faster that Nitro. My 1st rc was a tamiya hornet xmas 1984. Its electric and it was soooooo fun. I'm going to actually buy a electric tamiya 95 cobra to match mine. Jato and 4-tec are certainly fastest intros rtr. But again, they discontinue the Jato

I know my wheels suck

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_201227.jpg
    IMG_20210408_201227.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 37
Dig that little badass out. I'm pretty sure they discontinued the jato. I watched a YouTube video of an electric Jato, one with the electric conversion kit? Single speed. Sht, mine would smoke that thing if I geared it to.. in most cases electric is faster that Nitro. My 1st rc was a tamiya hornet xmas 1984. Its electric and it was soooooo fun. I'm going to actually buy a electric tamiya 95 cobra to match mine. Jato and 4-tec are certainly fastest intros rtr. But again, they discontinue the Jato

I know my wheels suck
I converted mine to electric a few years ago. I run 3S on it now with a 3665 3100kv motor in it... I can't get it to top speed without losing it. I have it setup for offroad bashing/jumping, so the front likes to come up on me at inopportune times. I was going to run 4S in it, but haven't bought more 4S packs yet... it's stupid on 3S, but I intended on running 4S as I run 4S in my slampede 4x4 and I share packs between the trucks.

She's no looker... but fun just the same.
2020-0717-eJato-DuratraxFazeMT-sideBody.jpg

2020-0717-eJato-DuratraxFazeMT-Top.jpg

2020-0717-eJato-DuratraxFazeMT-sideSpur.jpg

2020-0717-eJato-DuratraxFazeMT-sideESC.jpg