Buying a 1/5 baja from hobby king

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunpa

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can someone tell me which servos I need? It says I need both servos and a receiver, I want to buy everything from hobbyking, I am located in aus

are you sure its hobbyking?,i dont think they carry and gas rcs

I used a Hitec 1/4 scale 5745 for steering and a hitec 5645 for throttle/brake on my HK baja.

Dont have time at the moment to go look on HK for you but you need a large scale servo for steering and a normal/standard size servo for gas/brake. Dont skimp on steering since their so big they need alot of torque to turn them.

---------- Post added at 7:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:34 PM ----------

Might be easier if you are on a budget, to go to your AUS Ebay and search for Rovan servo's for the Rovan baja (same thing as the HK)....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...w=rovan&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I have a budget of about $800 for a serious basher with crazy speed, I wanted to get everything from one website, so it will all arrive on the same day instead of waiting for parts to arrive.

When I searched I only found two 1/4 scale servo's at HK and both are out of stock.

I do fully understand trying to get everything from one place, BUT, you might be better off buying the servo's else where. Could get better selection of better brands too else where.

The baja is good though from them.

I understand where your coming from, I might do that if I have no choice, can you reccomend me a good remote? Also any clue what the top speed is?

Wow! $20?! I have gotta see this..

I've got the Ofna version of this radio & have been happy with it's performance, has more range then is usable, a failsafe built in, steering dual rate & 3rd channel on/off.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__12177__HK_300_3_Channel_2_4ghz_FHSS_Ground_Radio.html

Gotta watch HK's shipping tho, I was going to get the one linked to in the other post w/the digital display but HK wanted $31 each for 2 radio's & $58 to ship them snail mail to the US so I got the Ofna version off Ebay here for $31 shipped instead.
There was no way I was willing to pay highway robbery for 4~8 week shipping, at that price it should have been 4 day shipping.

Last edited:
Just depends on where you live and what warehouse the stuff comes out of. If your in the US and order from their global warehouses, shipping is crazy pricey. But Id assume if you are in AUS and it comes from their AUS warehouse it will be an average shipping price. When ever I order from their US warehouse, which is where I ordered my baja, it was normal US Postal Service prices.

Back