Bumper skid plate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nihal

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, New to this forum.
Very sorry for this question. How do you remove the bumper skid plate? I know there is 4 screws on the bottom and 2 clips on top. Have already remove them. I'm able to flex the bumper down. The only problem is that the 2 clip on on the back just don't want to come off. This is the only part that is preventing me to completely remove the skid plate. Trying my level best not the break it off.

Welcome to RCNT @Nihal did you try to remove the aluminum part as well? I think they come off together.

I'm pretty sure you have to take the metal plate off with it, so if there are screws still holding the plate on, take those out too. The skid captures the hinge pins and with the overhang/clips molded into the skid on the back, it makes it hard to get it apart without the aluminum plate it's covering. Once off, the aluminum plate can be removed from the skid.

I'm pretty sure you have to take the metal plate off with it, so if there are screws still holding the plate on, take those out too. The skid captures the hinge pins and with the overhang/clips molded into the skid on the back, it makes it hard to get it apart without the aluminum plate it's covering. Once off, the aluminum plate can be removed from the skid.
I only remove the 4 screws that was holding the skid plate. Have not remove any of the screws on the metal plate. Have not look into the metal plate yet. How many screws are holding the metal plate?

Depends. The front has 2 more than the rear because there are two for the steering pivots. Then two through the chassis brace and the 4 under the diff.

Depends. The front has 2 more than the rear because there are two for the steering pivots. Then two through the chassis brace and the 4 under the diff.
Thanks for your advise man. Manage to remove yesterday.

Back