Bummer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I went to pick up some fuel to start the break-in on my new r/c only to discover I am now hobby-shopless :\ One closed shortly before the tornado hit Joplin then the tornado wiped out the other so no fuel for me. Wish I had known yesterday,I could have picked up fuel in Springfield while I was there.

Not having nitro on hand sucks!!! Can you order online, or is it cheaper to drive to Springfield?

Springfield will be cheaper,I just have to coordinate it with my trips to visit my mother there. She had to be moved there due to her nursing home being destroyed in the tornado also.

That's a major let down. Any info on whether or not they will be rebuilding the hobby shop?

I haven't been able to find out anything on the shop. I do know that the owner of the strip mall(doctor my bro-in-law works with)is not interested in dealing with the businesses any more,he wants to lease the land and let someone else worry about development. I wasn't aware until today that the other shop folded up. I was in there a couple of weeks before the tornado and there was a race at their track on June 4th.

I'm really feel bad for you guys who live in the south and midwest. Here in new york, we get no tornadoes and twisters.

sorry to hear about the shop situation that really sucks!!!!

I'm really feel bad for you guys who live in the south and midwest. Here in new york, we get no tornadoes and twisters.
I left New York 11 years ago to get away from the cold and the snow. I've now had my car destroyed twice by hail storms preceding local tornadoes.
Being on high alert for 5 to 6 hours at a time for tornadoes is NOT something I want to get used to. This is not what I was prepared to take in trade.

I left New York 11 years ago to get away from the cold and the snow. I've now had my car destroyed twice by hail storms preceding local tornadoes.
Being on high alert for 5 to 6 hours at a time for tornadoes is NOT something I want to get used to. This is not what I was prepared to take in trade.

Well that only comes once a year which is winter. The rest of the year you can drive rc cars. In the South and Midwest, there can be tornadoes and twisters and time. You always have to be prepared and aware.

Back