Bully Or berg?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bully's are way stronger, WAY stronger. Bergs need berg offset wheels, bully's use axial offset wich is the most common offset. Bergs snap the stub axles off like they were plastic! Bergs turn sharper stock though, but wich a very little amount of work you can get the bully's to turn very sharp. Bergs are alittle easier to setup but mainly just because you kinda need side bent lower links so you clear the motors/cases on the bully's. But I know someone who could make you links ;)

I loved my berg setups alot but I wont ever go back to them. The bully's are basically bullet proof. I have no idea how many stub axles and 3rd gears I broke on bergs, but enough to add up very fast! I have not broken anything on my bully's and I beat them.

Both need something as far as a steering kit, EEM has this one for the bully's. Easily the most complete kit available. Also keeps your horn out of the way from snagging rocks.

Id reccomend bully's to anyone. Some people say their too heavy but they have them in cast versions now wich makes them hella light! Mine with cast rear tubes and case and front cast tubes with machined front case is at 5.13 lbs, wich is light enough for sure.

Bully's run very good on 35 and 45t's too, alot faster than bergs with the same setup and wheel speed is such an important thing to have. Mine hauls ass on handwound 45's and 4s.
Remember RCNT vendor EEM has the SNG chassis wich is a perfect match for the bully's.

Last edited:
Sweet I think I am ready to build a moa already. they just look so much cooler. lol an perform great. thanks for the detailed reply.

Where is a good place to get bully axles that are affordable? also does it take a special speed control to run two motors? any advice on an moa would be great.

Thank you!

650 for the rig rtr :)

You should keep your and keep comping with us, LOL!!!!!!

To answer your question about the speed control all you need is 1 ESC and a Punk Dig Switch and your set, all you do is run your positive and negative motor wires to the punk dig switch and then from there it has + and - out puts for the front and rear motors, you will need a radio with a 3 position 3rd chanel to control the punk dig switch.

Sweet I think I am ready to build a moa already. they just look so much cooler. lol an perform great. thanks for the detailed reply.

Where is a good place to get bully axles that are affordable? also does it take a special speed control to run two motors? any advice on an moa would be great.

Thank you!

Like Abadk9 said, one esc and a punk dig switch, like a sidewinder or mamba or even holmes and a punk and you will be set.
Rpp has the bully's for the same price as rc4wd and they wont piss you off with taking for ever to ship.

SNG did you make a build thread when you built your current rig?