Built a new jump...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I am home on break and have a Revo 3.3 dying to get some air so I built a new jump for it. The new jump is 42'' tall, and sends the Revo very very high. I didn't get much time to try it out because my one way bearing decided to weld itself to the starter shaft not allowing my engine to start, so the revo is in a few pieces right now, which is why you see the SP1 sitting on the jump. The jump is actually very strong, much more so than the old one.

Here is a pic of the old jump:

jump003.jpg

As you can see, it was time for a new one.

And here it is:

jump001.jpg

jump002.jpg

I stood on the jump while my friend screwd those two side rails onto the sides, which holds the plywood in the bend you see. It gives the truck an insane amount of air and its very smooth which means the trucks stay nice and level in the air.

Total cost: $4.19 for some screws...we already had the wood.

What do you think?

I think it is crap:jk: , Comon AC no one wants to see a ramp. We need BIG AIR pics, Hope you get your Revo going. We need a nice vid,

doesn't look very stable to me, but its BIG. haha, that buggy looks like a 1/18 scale. I will be making another jump next spring most likely if I'm still in the hobby.

It seems like in the middle you would need more support... Get some vids up, i wanna see this thing!

I will try and get vid/pics.

Its actually VERY stable, which surprised me, because I didn't think it would be. I was planning on adding more support but it doesn't need it. I put all my weight on it and it was fine.

I'm headed to the hobby store tomorrow and the Revo should be up and running tomorrow. I don't think I wanna send the SP1 off it tho, may be a bit too much air for it lol.

Holy crap! That's one big ramp! I recently had a buddy of mine make a jump for me. He wanted to so I was all about it. It's only about 40 in. square

Yea, this ramp is huge, almost too tall. We are thinking about dropping it down a little bit, I never even hit second gear when going of this ramp, but I was nearly 10 feet in the air already...lots of air lol. I wonder how high I could get if I hit this ramp at 40 mph lol.

yea, curve is a huge thing in ramps. Heres my buggy, and i never really go above 1/2 throttle.

pics031.jpg

Yea, a ramp 4 feet tall with some curve can really throw a buggy in the air. Trucks don't tend to get the same amount of air, but they handle the landing much better than a buggy lol.

I estimate my ramp is about half that height... wish it wasn't so wet here today or I'd break it in.

The revo is up and running, a new OWB and all was good. Testing out the jump and headed to the sand pit tomorrow, I'll see if I can bust out the video camera.

holy crap that thing is big. you landing on anything soft or do you just want to tear the buggy up. jk. we need to see some nice pics when you finally do a nice jump.

Back