Built a Box!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just finished putting a box together. I still need to finish sand and seal/paint it. All together the cost was a little under $30, and I have enough plywood left to make a nice jump or two.

420856057_cc88e75f3c.jpg

420856037_a69badce5b.jpg

420856017_cf8d8592b6.jpg

Not bad for some back yard, gonzo carpentry. Put it together with 2 drills and a jigsaw.

Nice work but have to ask, how much does it weigh? Might get a good work out schlepping that thing around.

Not real heavy, it's a little less than 1/2 sheet of plywood. More bulky than anything else. I think I'm going to get a set of casters for it too.

looking good there looks like you could add in a section of shelves to help organize it a bit more and maybe a strap at the top to hold the radio securely, one more thing where's the cup holder?

Put some wheels on the side and extend the handle so it's a pull behind crate... like really rugged looking luggage!

yeah, put some kind of handle so you can roll it!

Don't forget to add the cup-holder! lol

what are you guys thinking?? 8hp briggs, and make it a tryke.....:w00t:

THEN add a cup holder!! :burp:

I would put some sort of durable material to each corner. It can be used to protect the box and can be used as "feet" if you stack it.I see a piece of plexi-glass would be really cool.

I've been keeping an eye out at the goodwill for a really big suitcase with one of those extendable handles and wheels on it. I haven't found one yet, but when I do I will add them on. It needs feet on the corners too. I hadn't thought of a cupholder, but that actually is a good idea- it could double as a fuel bottle holder!

I was actually thinking off a nice cool beverage but hey that works when explaining it to the wife/parental units

Back