Build Your Own??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin.cullen85

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello,

I am new to RC and am looking to build my own RC petrol/nitro truck/buggy. I have only seen on complete package that can do this. Unfortunatly as i am brand new i would not even know where to start by buying the components myself so am wondering if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.... even a needed component list would be a great start.

I live in the UK so preferably shops that are near or in the uk would be best. But open to all ideas or options.

Look forward to hearing from someone with good knowledge.

Many Thanks,

Martin

sounds like your better off to buy a kit and put it together your self. That way you'll have a manual so you can see how it will go together and the tools you will need.

I have to agree with Jet, while I admire that you want to build one from scratch it will be tough to learn and create at the same time. Get a kit put it together, run it and once you've gotten some experience go for a custom build.

The kits are the way to go, IMO. It will give you some experience that will help you get to know what you're in for in the future when you decide to scratch build a vehicle. I would actually recommend building more than 1 kit.

Back