Buggy stalls when i apply brakes!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauld2

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi guys i have a hsp warhead and every time i apply the brakes the carburetor completely closes and the car stalls. How can i fix this.

P.s: I know they are a cheap car. Don't bag it out. I'm asking a question about the car stopping not on how s**t it is

You need to adjust your idle screw, screw it in until it stays open about 1mm.

is the idle screw the one under the carby or beside the carby

I'd have to see it to be sure, it's more than likely on the side. Read the stickies at the top of the Nitro forum, the tuning flow chart has some pics, as well as a ton of useful info.

Hi guys i have a hsp warhead and every time i apply the brakes the carburetor completely closes and the car stalls. How can i fix this.

P.s: I know they are a cheap car. Don't bag it out. I'm asking a question about the car stopping not on how s**t it is

The advice on raising the idle speed is good but it could be the clutch dragging. If you break a clutch spring the clutch won't completely disengage and I can shut off the engine when you put on the brakes.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
If your idle gap is good(.6~1mm) then leave the idle gap screw alone.
98 out of 100 times stalling when you hit the brakes turns out to be a engine clutch issue.
Do the wheels turn immediately once the engine starts?
If yes then check the clutch.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem you could be having might be fixed with just a lighter oil thts what worked for me

The first thing I would do is o check the throttle gap with brakes fully on as Rolex said. It should be about 1mm or the thickness of a credit card. If that's good then check to see if the clutch is dragging.

Hi guys not trying to steal this thread but I am new to this forum and I am looking for a little help. I am running an lx2 ultra and have just finished breaking in my dynamite .21 euro and it screams. The issue is that I cannot give it WOT from a dead stop. It doesn't move and revs to the moon. If I get it moving I can eventually get to WOT. Is it my clutch thats slipping it looks fine? I am really stumped?? In advance I appreciate the feedback, and apoligize if I am not saposed to just jump in asking a question.

Back