Bubbles in fuel line.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was recently breaking in my second picco bp-01 on my kanai 2. I noticed during break in that it would lean for 1 second at a time erratically. I dont think this would be good for break in so i decided to put tubing on my fuel tank... helped some but i still see bubbles. It could be because i run an ofna fuel filter+primer, but I'm not sure....any tips?

Did you replace the fuel line that goes from the backplate to the side of the engine? What you explained are characteristics of having holes in that fuel tubing.

Do you see the bubbles before the filter or just after it???

Originally posted by Hunter
Do you see the bubbles before the filter or just after it???
I know where hunter is going with this. Great point. If you only see the bubbles after the filter you are sucking air somewhere in the filter. Either the connections on the filter itself of where the filter splits if you are using a 2 piece filter. Great one Hunter.

Ah but he is using an ofna filter with a primer bulb it could be a pin hole in the primer bulb to, not just were the fuel lines are hooked up or the split in the middle of the filter. You are learning grass hopper:) Here is one on me:cheers:

Yea that is also a good point, fuel filters often leak, especially ones with a primer bulb. If all else fails I'd say to replace your filter with one of those small aluminum ones, mine only cost me 3 bucks and it works great, I belive its a hobbico.

i see bubbles after the filter/primer. i used some silicone sealant and sealed up the filter and the problem was gone. I also re routed my fuel lines more efficiently and it all stopped.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Why I gotta be a grasshopper old man?

El your right at your age your not hoppin any more.

j0olz glad it working right now.

Hey you're the old fart. I'm ages younger than you!!! :D I mean I am like 5 years younger than you which is double what Matts IQ is.

Last edited:
Originally posted by El Pirata
Hey you're the old fart. I'm ages younger than you!!! :D

You keep telling yourself that and maybe youll start to believe it.

lol Your right probably not:cheerful: But your still not that far behind me:D

hahah thats funny.....

One of the things I have done to help isolate fuel issues is, use clear fuel line.
Clear fuel line will let you monitor the fuel condition from the tank to the engine.
If the fuel looks good from the tank to the filter but has bubbles after the filter you know what the issue is. If you have bubbles from the tank you will se that as well.

I have found this to be extremely helpful in diagnosing fuel problems.

Back