Brushless setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2wd or 4wd? 1/10th or 1/18th version? Wanting to run lipo as well?

Guessing if it's the 1/10th, 2wd or 4wd, the castle sct sv3/3800kv system would work ok. Usually around $100. Unless you want to go cheaper than that.

It's the 1/10 scale 2wd version. I did get a couple 2s lipo batteries for it. She's just wanting more out of it now. She's also pushing me to finished the savage xl conversation and the lightning stadium conversation

I have a couple of the castle sct sv3/3800kv combo's. I busted the shaft on my first one, then I bought a second set for another truck, but never used the second esc. I eventually replaced that motor with a lower kv one, so now I have a used esc and motor and brand new esc I'll likely never put to good use. I ran the first set in my stampede 4x4 when I ran 3S. I ran 3S in it for a bit then replaced it with the HW max10 system, which had a bit more low end torque and is 4S capable. From what I read, the sct sv3 didn't like being ran on 3S, so I didn't run it for long that way.

I'm not seeing them in stock at the moment. Likely the sv3 was replaced with the sidewinder 4, but castle is in the midst of lack of supply.

How cheap do you want to go? Can probably find a 3S or 4S arrma setup on ebay pretty cheap.

I found a 60a esc and 4730 kv combo on Amazon for 55 but not apposed to going used if I can find a better deal