Brushless Pro Boat Zelos 48" power loss.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a brushless pro boat zealous 48, it is experiencing loss/lack of power? Also, does the boat need to be moving for it to pump/circulate water?
(ESC)(Motor)?
I know I sound stupid, but I don't know.
Thanks in advance.

Boat has to be moving in water for water to cool ..
Have you checked you batteries?
is this complete power loss? or just motor wont spin?
if you still have rudder control(movement)
bec voltage. you have a Voltage meter? you can check voltage of batteries with it you can also check your bec (esc voltage) thats the receiver plug from esc only check red and black wire not white.

make sure to pull the flex cable out and clean it and stuffing tube of water then use marine grease to reinstall it.
the boat must be moving to get any water flow. when you start always run the boat by so you can see the water is coming out of the outlet.

Batteries are new and reports good on all 4 cells, all steering controls seem to work fine, its just not giving me FULL power.

like bob said .check flex tube .. is prop ok?. no chips or missing blades.

Prop is fine, flex shaft is not slipping or unwound.

make sure to pull the flex cable out and clean it and stuffing tube of water then use marine grease to reinstall it.
the boat must be moving to get any water flow. when you start always run the boat by so you can see the water is coming out of the outlet.
Roger that, I will look as it goes by. Shaft clean and greased, I'm gonna pull my shaft tube out and check it as well.

You might want to check your transmitter throttle trim an make sure that it wasn't accidently moved to a lower percent!...:cool:

Had simulator problem with a new HH ESC ( same as stock) and one person (older guy like me) at HH new what to do. This may help. You need to reverse your ESC connections to the ESC. Try both the non black. Hope this helps.

Actually, the boat does not have to be moving if the water intake is behind the prop, when the prop moves, it will kick up enough water to allow the intake to pick up some water. For brushless motor, if you overheat the motor, the magnet can be demagnetize and it will loose power, hope that is not the case.

Back