Brushless motor break in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I have always used brushed motors and I decided to go with a brushless on one of my new builds but I'm not shure if you have to do the break in with the brushless or not. Does anybody know if I need to and how if so?

Just watch the heat alot more heat produced then brushed motors

I have a heat sink for it and also a fan I can throw in for it if needed. I was thinking I might need it. Thank you out all for the help and I'm shure it will be awesome. I'm making this one waterproof so I can hit up some water holes and sling some mud without to many worries. The ESC and receiver is waterproof and in installing sealed lights. It will be fun in hopeing.

I have a heat sink for it and also a fan I can throw in for it if needed. I was thinking I might need it. Thank you out all for the help and I'm shure it will be awesome. I'm making this one waterproof so I can hit up some water holes and sling some mud without to many worries. The ESC and receiver is waterproof and in installing sealed lights. It will be fun in hopeing.
If running in water would keep that fan off the motor and esc

Good call. Well mabey not it's brushless also. Wouldn't that be ok? If I submerged it mabey it would not work right because it wouldn't work right but that's all I think.

Good call. Well mabey not it's brushless also. Wouldn't that be ok? If I submerged it mabey it would not work right because it wouldn't work right but that's all I think.
The fans are NOT waterproof
The rest of the truck should be good buy you will have to. Breakbit down and clean and oil everything