Brushed motor question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Would the Spektrum Firma rebuildable 12T be better than a stock Reedy 15T? I picked up a brand new AE brushed Pro4, and, since I know I'll probably burn up the stock motor, and can't afford to go brushless just yet, I'm looking for a cheap spare. I am also looking at the Arrma motors, but I never have good luck with them.

Would the Spektrum Firma rebuildable 12T be better than a stock Reedy 15T? I picked up a brand new AE brushed Pro4, and, since I know I'll probably burn up the stock motor, and can't afford to go brushless just yet, I'm looking for a cheap spare. I am also looking at the Arrma motors, but I never have good luck with them.
get a cheap brushless (like 30-40$) long lasting on 2s.

get a cheap brushless (like 30-40$) long lasting on 2s.
Every time I pick up one of the cheap combos, like the GoolRC ones, the ESC never lasts, so, I don't bother with them anymore. Eventually, it will end up with a Hobbywing setup, but it will be a bit before that happens.

Every time I pick up one of the cheap combos, like the GoolRC ones, the ESC never lasts, so, I don't bother with them anymore. Eventually, it will end up with a Hobbywing setup, but it will be a bit before that happens.
I find it cheaper to upgrade to brushless rather than replace a bunch of burned out brushed motors.

I find it cheaper to upgrade to brushless rather than replace a bunch of burned out brushed motors.
Because it is only going to be used sparingly for now, I figured pick up a spare brushed motor just in case, because it will be spring before I even get the time and money to do a brushless upgrade. Normally, I wouldn't bother with brushed anything, but, this year I really don't have a choice but to keep everything as cheap as possible.

Back