Brother in law’s Losi

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMCK1500shoptruck

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
F4EBEDBE-FDED-40A9-8A92-3D94B30EFF5E.jpeg
E9785AF2-44BF-431B-9054-C874260251FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, I think I accidentally hit the post button before I added any text... oops...

So here’s the story:
My brother in law bought this truck 8 or 9 years ago. I had a traxxas stampede and we used to go out and basically just bash on our trucks. He lost interest shortly after that and the truck sat in his closet.

I ended up buying the truck off him about 5 years ago, after he moved up north. By the time I got it the battery wouldn’t take a charge, so the truck went into my closet.

Just before Thanksgiving last year he sadly passed away (cancer), so now I’m going to get this truck running again, so I can blast it around the parking lot once in a while in memory of him...

I was having trouble locating a battery (truck is discontinued, and apparently no one has batteries available anymore). Turns out the battery for my new Associated CR12 fits perfectly, but of course the connector is different. Truck is EC2, battery is Deans... I’ve got a connector ordered to convert the truck to Deans, when that comes in and I get it swapped over we will plug the battery in, turn it on, and see what happens!

I know there’s some loose tie rods in the front suspension, once I see if it even runs I’ll look into finding front-end parts...

The main goal is to make it run, but aside from necessary modifications to accomplish that (like the battery connector conversion) I’d like to keep it as original as possible for sentimental reasons...

The truck came stock with a 1100mah nimh with ec2 connector any 2 cell lipo in the mini call will work w ex2 connector as long as you have a charger to charge..check dimension of old pack will this work?.https://www.hobbyzone.com/batteries/lipo/2-cell/EFLB13002S20.html

Last edited:
No problem converting the truck to a Dean's. Just make absolutely sure you have the polarity correct.
Keep us posted on any other issues once you have it running.

So sorry for the loss of your Brother-in-law, this will be a awesome tribute...

Yeah it will! He was an amazing guy who fought to the end and left an amazing legacy!

It will be a lot of fun (and a little bittersweet) to get this truck going again...

As far as the battery issue, I don’t plan on running the truck very often, so sharing a battery with my other truck makes more sense to me than having a dedicated battery for this truck that will spend most of the time in storage...

IMG_0385.jpg

It runs!! I forgot how quick this thing is! I don't expect the rear tires to last long on blacktop, she really likes to spin the tires!

I'm not good enough to film while driving, so I'll have to see if I can get my wife to take some video when she gets home from work...

RC truck running!

Let's see if this works. Should be a Youtube link to this truck!

I'm gonna have to be careful with run times, the low voltage cutoff is set to off from the factory, and you need a fancy widget to turn it on... don't want to kill my battery...

Found the instructions for the ESC online and got it switched to LiPo... I’m gonna need tires soon... it’s a blast to rip this thing around drifting and doing donuts, but now the rear tires are bald... anyone have any thoughts on suitable replacements? Something that’s a little more durable would be nice...

Still got this truck… for now. I’ve decided that it really should belong to my nephew, since it was his dad’s truck originally, so I’m going to pick up a bigger battery for my CR12 and give this rig to my nephew. I’m really getting more into the mini crawler scene so this truck doesn’t really fit my interests anyway, and I think the sentimental value would be higher for my nephew…