BROKEN SERVO!!! IN NEED OF HELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CameronCodes

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was out making a video of me jumping my 4s arrma Kraton blx 4x4 when the steering stopped working! I asked my father and he said that it's the servo. I just wanted to double check if it's the servo or the radio.

do you have any other servos to check the rx? .if not do you have a servo tester? my new charger has a rx tester and a servo tester on it...you can turn car on but disconnect motor so you dont get hurt put your ear or if you have a old school stethoscope to listen to A motor.use it against servo and listen do you her anything?https://www.harborfreight.com/mecha...IggjnlJGtPPi83SVAlIqZ2kUxax-0j-waAto0EALw_wcB

ok then you roll the dice then..buy a new servo..thats a smaller start then new rx

how can a blx be nitro???the brushless esc is just for show

Should I just buy the same kind that came with it? Only $45 the only one that I could find that was slightly lower torque was the same price but has less than half the amount of torque.

I've had pretty good luck with these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HZL171

Not the fastest, but not bad. Decent torque, waterproof and cheap. I have one in my 4x4 stampede currently and it does well there. I was running one in my e-revo 2.0 for a while, but then I changed to an esc that let me bump up the voltage, so I got a servo to let me benefit from that.

Actually, it's quite a bit more torque than the ADS-15M at 6V and the same speed. It puts out 308oz/in @6V vs the adm-15m's 198oz/in @6V, both run .16sec.

A servo with 1/2 the torque will be very undesirable... should be same amount if not more...take a look at amazon seen and purchased many servos from them..needed a 1/16 scale high torque servo went to lhs to see a 40$ servo found 1 on amazon for less than 6..its been running my boat for 3 years now only in summer time.a 1/2 the torque servo will loose steering holds when underpower.

I actually have a magazine from rc action. That is from the end of last year filled with stuff like the new for 2020 rc models and upgrades. In the servo section, there were a couple aluminum ecoteck servos for over 100 buck, should I save up and get one? They have about 300 to 600 torque

A 4s kraton likely doesn't need much more than 150oz/in of torque. It's light and the tires are relatively small. Odds are, more torque will just be wasted at the servo saver. That's where I'm at with my outcast/erbev2 at the moment with the Hobbystar HCS-4521wp servo. At 7.2V (max6 esc driving it), it's putting out around 400oz/in and it will overpower my servo saver spring in my outcast and erbev2 when standing still.

https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-HCS-4521-High-Torque-Digital-Waterproof/dp/B081TM8JSW

I did a comparison video of it vs the other one I mentioned, JX DC 5821LV.

Even at 6V, the HCS-4521 is rated at .13sec 347oz/in. So far, it's a pretty good servo for $50.