break in?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I know on a weed wacker and chainsaw there really isnt much of a break in period where a person has to kinda take it easy, but I saw a break in stand for a baja motor.. Whats the process and proper way to break a stock Baja engine in?

I remember rebuilding my yamaha 250 dirt bike when I was a kid/teen. It was two cycle. A little instruction/break-in sheet came with it and recommended a rich oil setting or mix and a 1 hour run at moderate RPM's on a stand.

That was a long hour.

Start it up and run.
Keep it a bit rich for the first 4-5 tanks then tune it in for power once its loosened up. It will keep getting stronger for the first 4-5 tanks as well. There is no special care that needs to be taken like with a nitro. Plug and play baby!

The only break in change you will see with one of these engines is the lack of blisters from pulling on the starter rope.:banana:

Cool. Mine should be here the end of next week hopefully. Gonna be a long week.

Ahhh so you broke down and got one? Where did you get it? I see alot of people asking and it would be nice to have a good place to send them.

Man everyone geting baja's makes me want to say screw it and sell most of my revo crap and buy one. It just sounds so much easyer. On another site I'm on all the time, its like everyone on the site damn near has one. They sound fun and look cool at the hobby shop. Maby one day!

Bryson

Yup, I sold off all my nitro stuff besides my planes. I got it from Hobbysuperstore.com $899.00 shipped to my door. Lowest price I found. .21rc10gt got two from there, so I figured I would too. I can't wait to get it. Sounds like they take away all the headaches I had with nitro..

I ran mine at a mix of 25:1 for 3 tanks. Of course I didn't use the included oil, I went with Amsoil Dominator. Then, I mixed 40:1 and runs great so far. I seems kinda lame when the stock exhaust is still on there, although, going through tires will not be a problem. I put on the Jet Pro 3 pipe , and it RIPS! Sounds just like a Banshee (most of you know what that is). I guess Ed went with the Big Bore kit, which most likely gave him the same effect, with a bit more power. These engines are fairly trouble free. Be sure to get the covers for the pull start and air filters though. The pull start gets pretty full of crap when it isn't covered.

I got a call from HobbySuperstore today and said they were onm back order and said they wouldnt be in supply for 3 weeks. So I was able to get refunded and ordered from another place. Had to spend a little more ($940) but it should be here on Thursday.. Man I can't wait.. Gonna be a long week!

I hated the long wait. Totally killed me! But, well worth it!

Yeah I get ants in my pants when I order stuff too. I'm just glad the guy called me and let me get my $$ back. I felt bad, but no way did I want to wait a month to get it. I think he understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.