Break in exhaust note on my old revo with vantage pipes (video)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro3.3NY

RC Newbie
Reaction score
The rebuild on my old revo 2.5 is complete. Around 15 years old, it sat for over 10 years in a box. During the time I used it, I’ve upgraded it with a 3.3, vantage extended chassis, vantage exhaust, mip driveshaft, Robinson racing spur gear and pinion.

Decided to rebuild it a week or two ago and upgrade it the most I could do. Got new plastics like a arms, body posts etc…. All new rubber like the axle carriers, new bearings, upgraded HD axles, new transmission, new engine, new shocks, aluminum tie rods, new fuel tank, new diffs, new servos, new radio and receiver. Basically everything.

Finally started the break in. comparing this to my stock nitro rustler it is MUCH louder and has more throat. Can’t wait to run it

The rebuild on my old revo 2.5 is complete. Around 15 years old, it sat for over 10 years in a box. During the time I used it, I’ve upgraded it with a 3.3, vantage extended chassis, vantage exhaust, mip driveshaft, Robinson racing spur gear and pinion.

Decided to rebuild it a week or two ago and upgrade it the most I could do. Got new plastics like a arms, body posts etc…. All new rubber like the axle carriers, new bearings, upgraded HD axles, new transmission, new engine, new shocks, aluminum tie rods, new fuel tank, new diffs, new servos, new radio and receiver. Basically everything.

Finally started the break in. comparing this to my stock nitro rustler it is MUCH louder and has more throat. Can’t wait to run it
Oh wait till you hit that throttle. The 3.3 is much loader them the 2.5. Even though they are basically the same engine... different exhaust ports... enjoy should be a good time. What fuel you running?

Oh wait till you hit that throttle. The 3.3 is much loader them the 2.5. Even though they are basically the same engine... different exhaust ports... enjoy should be a good time. What fuel you running?
I’m running the standard traxxas 20%. But I’d be interested in trying out bones brew. I’m iffy on trying 30%. I also have an os21 new in the box that I eventually want to swap in. But for now I’m gonna to rip the 3.3

I’m running the standard traxxas 20%. But I’d be interested in trying out bones brew. I’m iffy on trying 30%. I also have an os21 new in the box that I eventually want to swap in. But for now I’m gonna to rip the 3.3
I would definitely get away from the traxxas top fuel. Top fuel is garbage it's over 14% oil. You will have a hard time tuning. I run 30% nitro 10% oil Odonnell's fuel. Bones brew is also a good brand. You want a fuel with oil between 9% - 12% no lower or higher. The OS .21 is a awesome engine. It has the displacement of a big block. Alot more power then any TRX nitro engine. The 3.3 is only a .19. It's a solid engine. I haven't had any problems with mine. Let the 3.3 rip it will be fun no matter what. 👍👍