Brass Glow Plug Ring ( seal ) ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro New Guy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok guys I might get the dummy of the year award for this post but the way I was taught was The only dumb question is the one never asked. So here goes. Please don't laugh to loud and cause yourself a ruptured spleen or anything like that. :whhooo: I would feel bad about it. :\

You know those brass seals under Glow plugs is there a place that you can buy the seals alone or do you have to get one everytime you get a new Glow Plug ?

I looked on google for it and nothing seems to come up besides trouble with the glow plug seal and other stuff like that.

Thanks for your time and help in this matter.

It's copper, and if you can't get it from a guy in your local hobby shop you'll have to get a glow plug.
I once ordered one on line and this is what I got:

4535pic555a.jpg

There's no such thing as a dumb question imo. I've only seen the seals with new glow plugs.

how did that work for you Rolex?

looks like you can use that one on either side huh!!

Last edited:
this is a dumb question as well ..... do you have to have the ring ? i lost mine

Yep, you need the washer/seal unless its a Turbo plug.

Just purchase some new plugs, you can never have too many.

I always keep several old ones off bad plugs as well just to have spares.

I haven't used standard glow plugs in years but when I did I could never find just the washer.Also you should be able to flip it over and use an old one, just like a t-shirt :)

what is the reason for the ring ... i mean i know its a seal ... but does it give the plug a better contact?

Just the seal and height, the copper is soft and fills in all the gaps when u tighten it down.

Thanks guys I figured I would have to buy a glow plug for it . I appreciate it

ok i am not trying to take over this thread but ... i bought a new glowplug today and drove my tmaxx 3.3 around maybe 2 tanks and the glow plug is out .... what am i doing wrong ? i was having so much fun then bam bored lol

If you EVER remove a bad glow plug and part of its filament is missing, you need to open the engine and clean it out.
Those tiny bits of broken filament will be bounced around in there till they eventually hit your new filament and destroy it.

Back