Brand new RC only runs for a few seconds

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patty

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't see any related posts and reddit forums weren't helpful. I just bought my first buggy a team energy G8x with the .28 engine. I have leaned the mixture on the high and low speed needles and can't get the engine to start except for the rare time it starts for a few seconds usually requiring the glow starter to stay on. If I have time to apply any throttle it dies instantly. Any ideas?

Set the idle gap, LSN, and HSN back to factory defaults and then use THIS flowchart to help you get it tuned.

Have you checked your glow plug outside of the engine to make sure its not fouled and its glowing properly?

Have you checked your glow plug outside of the engine to make sure its not fouled and its glowing properly?
I know it is glowing but it seems like it may be dim. I know my ignitor is charged so I am going to order a new plug and see

I didn't see any related posts and reddit forums weren't helpful. I just bought my first buggy a team energy G8x with the .28 engine. I have leaned the mixture on the high and low speed needles and can't get the engine to start except for the rare time it starts for a few seconds usually requiring the glow starter to stay on. If I have time to apply any throttle it dies instantly. Any ideas?

If the engine is new ,it will require to be heated with a heat gun an let engine idle for a couple
tanks on factory settings for break-in!
If you had already done the break-in process ,then it is quite possible that it fouled the plug ,
even though it may still glow a little ,it could still be fouled!
I suggest getting a new plug first an try that before wasting time with the carb settings!
Then that would rule that out ,then go back to your factory sets ,an only make tiny turns on
the needles ,a width of a screw blade at a time ,because it doesn't take to many turns to make
a difference!
Also suggest ,only lean the Hsn needle first for now until you get the engine more broke in an
get more tanks of fuel ran through it!..:cool: