Brand new nitro stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevytmaxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My buddy got a brand new traxxas stampede, which I know nothing about and it won't turn. It's only 2wd which thought its jus cuz the front end raisin up the front wheels. We put a little bit of weight in front and still doesn't want to turn. Could be servos, camber, or wat?

Check the servo to see if it pulls the wheels left and right with the truck stationary if it dont ya servos shot if it does then start looking at things like binding in the steering components

Ya it turns but jus doesn't seem to want to turn all the way it's jus weird cuz it's brand new.

Not sure what radio you have, but you should be able to adjust the end points of the servo.

The traxxas 2.4 g basic traxxas radio all I saw on there were steering and throttle trim no EPA

That radio is a PITA to adjust!! Look in the battery box of the radio, there will be a menu tree telling you how to make adjustments. Does it turn if you are just coasting, not on the throttle? Can you post pics of the wheels turned?

Like I said my buddy's but I will look when I see it tried telling him get a futaba lol

---------- Post added at 7:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:24 PM ----------

Wheels don't really turn either way

I'd check for issues in the front end before messing with the radio.
-Can you force the wheels to turn more?
-Have you pulled the servo horn off to see if the servo turns more w/out the linkage on?
-After you have the servo saver off, do you feel any binding in the steering?

Ya feels like it binds up basically makes wide turns coasting or throttle

---------- Post added at 7:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:33 PM ----------

Told him to hit brake right as he turns helps some doesn't fix it though

If you take the horn off and the wheels turn side to side by hand freely then its probably just crappy stock servo. Most of the stock ones are junk although you may have gotten a bad one.

little update my buddy ordered a hi-tec hs-645mg high torque servo????? any thoughts?? i told him jus to get the traxxas 2070 works great on my t maxx......I'm fairly new to rc world but done quite a bit of research to know the average amount i guess you'd say but dont know much about anythin other than t maxx haha

It's a good all around servo and I use the digital version on a few different vehicles.

any mods to use it or screw it down and set it up? i wish he would jus get on here and ask himself hahaha o well thats what buddys are for

The only thing would be the servo saver, you have to make sure the spline count is the same. I don't remember if the new trucks come with the adapters for other servos or not.

Back