Brakes are applied on their own...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metallicats33

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I can't figure out what's going on here. My throttle/brake servo seams to go full brake whenever it wants. I was at the track last night and I could't make it one lap without it happening to me at least 3 times. When this happens I still have control of my steering and it only last about 3-4 secconds before I regain control of my Throttle/Brake. What should I check?

What radio setup do you have?

Do you have a failsafe?

Do you have a failsafe?

Yes I do (did)
I don't know why but I think the failsafe was the culprit. I removed it and has not acted up since... would explain why I lost control last week and hit a car:\ even though I had a failsafe installed. I thought I was just catching another signal. O well, a good way to waste $20...

You were probably losing signal momentarily, which was causing the failsafe to go off. I know my Venom failsafe likes to take its sweet time giving me back control of the throttle/brake servo when it is activated.

Id say its just a symptom of a weak radio personally. You lose Line of sight to your receiver, and your failsafe goes off, car gets signal again and you can go again. I could be wrong but that sounds like whats happening. I've seen it happen at my local track, though it was with an electric.

well It is a stock radio, 27.4mhz I think.... Blue.... Seams to work fine without the failsafe so far. I'm not going to drive it on the street anymore so I'll take my chances at the track. Only thing I'll hit there is a wall:D