brake problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Inferno

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I desided to completely take my truck apart to clean it. Once I was finished and put everything back together I noticed that the throttle/brake servo wasn't going into full brake. Any idea as to what I might have done and how I can fix It?

You more than likely just need to recenter the linkage. Pull the throttle/brake servo horn off, turn you trx an rx on, set the throttle trim to 0, then reinstall the servo horn, making sure the throttle and brakes are both about neutral.

Anytime you remove a servo horn for any reason you always turn on rx/tx power and zero trim to reinstall servo horns. This way you always know the servo and linkage will be correct when task is done.

I did that and when I apply full brake the servo doesn't go into the full brake position.

Last edited:
You can adjust the brake linkage for more brake. With power on and trim zero just adjust the collet on the linkage further up agaist the horn. Just take slack out of it in other words.

Well if all else has failed then replace the servo itself. It could have stripped a few gears inside the servo itself causing it not to move as far as it used to.

Ok thanks. Do you know if there's any better servos then the stock one I could get? The truck is the hpi bullet mt 3.0, kinda regret buying it since they don't have any parts other then stock.

Last edited:
My favorite is the HiTec HS 5645MG or the non digital HS645 MG. I've used them on just about everything for both steering and throttle/brake. It will easily lock the brakes on my Revo.

I'm a newbie so what is the difference between the two

Edit: Nvm, I just looked it up and thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:
So I desided to completely take my truck apart to clean it. Once I was finished and put everything back together I noticed that the throttle/brake servo wasn't going into full brake. Any idea as to what I might have done and how I can fix It?

Make sure that you have the correct servo horn for the servo that you are using. Servos have different numbers of splines on their out put shaft. They can be 23, 24 or 25 teeth based on the manufacturer.

If your servo has a 23 output shaft and you are using a 24t horn, the horn will slip when put under pressure and this will result in you loosing your brakes or messing up your steering because the neutral point for the servo horn has changed.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured out the problem. It was(don't laugh)the batteries. At first I didn't stop to think about it because I had just changed them but I guess batteries that come with your rc don't last long. Thanks for the help though I really appreciate it.