Bought a new plane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I took another look at the plane, and surprisingly, I think it's repairable. I took a portion of the wing that broke off, and connected the two back up, and the very easily slid back into place like nothing happened. It'll take a day or so, but with a "little" epoxy, i'm quite confident the plane will fly once again...it'll just be a little heavier lol

I'm pretty sure all the pieces are with the plane, so it shouldn't show too much evidence of the crash.

Well, another plane has been bought. it was a little unexpected. I had to buy a new starting system for my helicopter, ended up heading way up north to everett, about 50-60 minutes from my house. My dad wanted to come, and to make a long story short, instead of spending $50, we left with $260 worth of stuff in hand.

Anyhoo, the plane is an E-Flite Yak 54F. I'm not really up to date with the latest and greatest in foamies, but apparently this one is a fresh release that most people don't have.

My dad's eyes lit up when he saw it, and he REALLY wanted to buy a new plane for me. The whole time we were there, e kept bugging meto let him buy it for me, so I said "okay." But sad thing is I really feel overly spoiled when he buys me stuff so easily.

DSCN0950.JPG

DSCN0951.JPG

Dude, your dad rules!

I like those E-flite planes. I was thinking about getting their ultimate bipe, but then I realized it would cost an arm and a leg to go brushless and get a new radio to 3D with. I guess I'll stick to ground for now.

Well, the startup costs for foamies are about the same as starting out in r/c cars. For a 4 channel RTF with good equipment, it'll be around $550 including the charger. Which is really about the same as getting anything decent with an r/c car. For quality race equipment for r/c cars, you're looking at roughly $700-1000. The $550 for a foamie, includes a fully capable 3D plane which can do everything.

Back