Bored and looking up random stuff for my nitro truck.. lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupofjoe5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
So you can supercharger your nitro engine? Benefits of doing so? A lot more power and more aggressive sound? I tried to look up specific ones for my 1/10 infinitive exceed nitro truck.. input anyone?

Only a matter of time I'm sure.

Only a matter of time I'm sure.

My theory is ,is a 2 stroke engine is a fixed port engine ,therefore it is not going to except any forced air
off of its own power ,its timing can't be altered an relys soly on compression!

However ,I think an engine can be designed to acomidate a supercharger ,a 4 cycle maybe a better
canidate!
If you want more power in a nitro engine ,your better off having it modded by someone!...:cool:

My theory is ,is a 2 stroke engine is a fixed port engine ,therefore it is not going to except any forced air
off of its own power ,its timing can't be altered an relys soly on compression!

However ,I think an engine can be designed to acomidate a supercharger ,a 4 cycle maybe a better
canidate!
If you want more power in a nitro engine ,your better off having it modded by someone!...:cool:
Yeah.. i have no knowledge on cars or nitro trucks.. tryin to learn a little lol.

Yeah.. i have no knowledge on cars or nitro trucks.. tryin to learn a little lol.

In a high performance 1.1 engine ,they have a valve in which controls intake & exhaust ,some in which are modified
to be enlarged or even added valve ports to except more forced fuel & air ,so therefore the engines will except more
that is given!

A 2 stroke engine does not have that privaledge ,they are a fixed size porting ,also the engine block itself port channels
are the same ,so its hard to make changes in the port size with out messing up the piston timing ,a person can only
do so much to a 2 stroke engine.
But there is some modifications that can be done for a person to get the most out of what engine they have!...:cool:

In a high performance 1.1 engine ,they have a valve in which controls intake & exhaust ,some in which are modified
to be enlarged or even added valve ports to except more forced fuel & air ,so therefore the engines will except more
that is given!

A 2 stroke engine does not have that privaledge ,they are a fixed size porting ,also the engine block itself port channels
are the same ,so its hard to make changes in the port size with out messing up the piston timing ,a person can only
do so much to a 2 stroke engine.
But there is some modifications that can be done for a person to get the most out of what engine they have!...:cool:
Yeah i know if u start using higher percent nitro ur suppose to retune it. Not sure if id b so good and doin so. Lol

You can supercharge a two stroke, but not as efficiently as a four stroke.
First you must find an rc supercharger that does more than look cool.
I know you're new at this, so let me tell you now that this subject has been beat to death!

Come on let's keep it going I love a good rehashing. :deadhorse

Type supercharger in the search bar and you will see.

Well i guess i shouldnt make a thread on places to get nitro fuel then lol. I guess amazon.. seems no local stores have it that I've noticed. Best brand..?

I use byron fuels 30%. It has 11% oil content and runs very clean.

It took some tuning for sure, but just the high speed needle. I switched from O'Donnell 20% nitro fuel with 14% oil, but it was also not exactly the same weather that day. Small weather changes can affect tuning too.
The higher nitro content makes your "tuning window" smaller.

Is that for a gallon? I actually bought some 20% traxxas fuel today.. yeah I've heard the weather change can lead to serious retuning... I'm so new to this.. its jus gonna b a live and learn situation. Lol.. I'm still reading into stuff trying to figure new things out.. for starters glue rims to tires and drill 1/8 holes at 12 and 6.. for the wet weather. Lets b honest my rig wont last a year ahahaha. :/

Is that for a gallon? I actually bought some 20% traxxas fuel today.. yeah I've heard the weather change can lead to serious retuning... I'm so new to this.. its jus gonna b a live and learn situation. Lol.. I'm still reading into stuff trying to figure new things out.. for starters glue rims to tires and drill 1/8 holes at 12 and 6.. for the wet weather. Lets b honest my rig wont last a year ahahaha. :/

I really don't know who's post your quoting.You should use the little quote button on your right hand side!

I heard bad things about traxxas nitro fuel ,I've never used it ,so I don't know!
The fuel I use is $37.45 a gallon ,I don't buy it by the quart because its costly!..:cool:

I really don't know who's post your quoting.You should use the little quote button on your right hand side!

I heard bad things about traxxas nitro fuel ,I've never used it ,so I don't know!
The fuel I use is $37.45 a gallon ,I don't buy it by the quart because its costly!..:cool:

Yeah costly for sure. I jus got my infinitive exceed nitro in and decided not doing any testing tonight.. gonna read up some more and try n get a better grasp of things lol. Tomorrow i will trial run tho! See if i can get the rich/lean mix down.. maybe not fiddlesticks my engine right from the go!

Back