Body Shell options for HPI 4.6 Trophy Truggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwit

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all, thanks for looking.

I just ordered a new HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6 this AM.

From what I can see neither Proline or JConcepts make a shell for this model. HPI does offer a clear replacement, which would be fine if I could find one. Most online places I know off either don't carry it, or shows them on backorder until July or August.

Anyone have any suggestions on what may be close enough? I'm fairly handy when it comes to finding creative solutions of body mounting. I'll get a better idea once this is in my hands by the end of the week. Going from the measurements I can find online, I'd guess that the D8T should work. Proline does offer a shell for those. The Bulldog might be okay also. And possibly even the Slipstream shell for the EREVO might be suitable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

As long as the wheelbase and overall length measurements are the same as your current body, you can adapt just about any body to fit your rig.

I'd recommend a body reamer, xacto knife and some curved lexan scissors to trim your body.

I like using bodies from electrics. It allows me to cut the fuel tank access hole and engine cooling head hole where ever I want it.

As long as the wheelbase and overall length measurements are the same as your current body, you can adapt just about any body to fit your rig.

I'd recommend a body reamer, xacto knife and some curved lexan scissors to trim your body.

I like using bodies from electrics. It allows me to cut the fuel tank access hole and engine cooling head hole where ever I want it.

Thanks. Yeah I have all those body cutting tools you mention.

I also found that one of my favorite fleabay RC chop shop sellers has the stock pre painted body for really cheap. I'm not racing this and don't need it to stand out with others so I may just stay with stock body. I can 3 of them for the cost of 2-1/2 new Prolines. But where is the fun in that? :D

New Truggy supposed to arrive tomorrow via Big Brown. I'll wait and see just how rugged the factory body is and then decide if a Proline or JConepts will outlast it for bashing.

Back