Body clips design

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hebbe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I was cleaning the garage and found a old body post/clips design I made. Anyone interested to try?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 53
Welcome to RCT. That's a cool little DIY hack you did there.. very interesting for sure. 👍👍 looks like definitely some worth trying. You would think by now the industry. Would have come up with a better more efficient way to secure the bodies. Other then the time little clips... nice job👍👍

Welcome to RCT. That's a cool little DIY hack you did there.. very interesting for sure. 👍👍 looks like definitely some worth trying. You would think by now the industry. Would have come up with a better more efficient way to secure the bodies. Other then the time little clips... nice job👍👍
Thanks, I’m from Sweden and a while ago I tried to sell this design but I’m no seller obviously.

It is an interesting design but how fragile are the clips on top? Those are going to be on top the body and it seems like one good skid on the roof of the kit would snap them right off?

@StonerRC365 Proline did make a better design :)
61wcn3wSThS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've never cared for the look of the proline fasteners, they look to bulky and detract from the look of the vehicle.

It is an interesting design but how fragile are the clips on top? Those are going to be on top the body and it seems like one good skid on the roof of the kit would snap them right off?

View attachment 134700

View attachment 134700
It’s PA6 30%glass it’s quite strong but maybe the design does not fit every user. I did a design that you fit on top of the existing pole and then it’s a combination of zinc and plastic

I made a safety pin design clit years ago carpet safe from piano wire nice design op but I think the same as grey has weak points

I've never cared for the look of the proline fasteners, they look to bulky and detract from the look of the vehicle.
Well, I wouldnt put them on a scaler if thats what you mean. Id use magnets or somethign that doesn't protrude through the body at all but if you're using just basic everyday body pins the pronline fasteners are easier to take on and off and arent as easy to loose. I have a set on my K8 and I like them pretty well. They are a bit of work to install though. to each his own :)

Last edited:
That is a pretty slick design. :)
Rite it can't be to hard to make. Looks likes he used clips from

View attachment 134700
What the heck are those big as* caps. They look more like body protectors... then body mount pins or clips
I'm not sure those are better man🤔🤔. They look quiet big to be body clips

What the heck are those big as* caps. They look more like body protectors... then body mount pins or clips
I'm not sure those are better man🤔🤔. They look quiet big to be body clips
Naw, they aint that big. heres a photo next to a body pin for size comparison. You cut the rounded part of the body post flush and then tap the center of the post to screw in the grub screws and orings then the caps screw on to the grub screws.
20211009_150219.jpg
20211009_150333.jpg

Naw, they aint that big. heres a photo next to a body pin for size comparison. You cut the rounded part of the body post flush and then tap the center of the post to screw in the grub screws and orings then the caps screw on to the grub screws.
View attachment 134718View attachment 134719
Oh no sh*t that really isn't that big. Guess you got them on the Kra. Or did it come that way?? Looked alot bigger in other photo. Interesting might have to give them a look.👍

They were already installed on it when I bought it. after using them though I will be putting them on other kits. I like them better than the regular body clips.

Last edited:
They were already installed on it when I bought it. after using them though I will be putting them on other kits. I like them better than the body clips.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the clips my self. Beside the fact you loose one almost everytime your go out. There just a pain in the as*.. IMO then got big one smaller one. Nothing is standard when it comes to the clips

@Greywolf74 Ok, I have to admit, those aren't as obnoxious as I thought they were, I thought they were bigger than that. Now I feel a little stupid....which is cool, Because I'm really a lot stupid. 🤣

@Greywolf74 Ok, I have to admit, those aren't as obnoxious as I thought they were, I thought they were bigger than that. Now I feel a little stupid....which is cool, Because I'm really a lot stupid. 🤣
Same here buddy. It's ok we can ride the short bus together 👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back